Astra Militarum

Fix

Also, it's funny to see how prevalent crotch-plates are becoming in the Imperium. First the Centurions, now these poor guys. It's becoming so fashionable, that one bloke had to salvage tank treads to fit in. Glad to see everyone taking their reproductive health seriously.

Can you picture all the Guard bases looking like trailer parks? Bunch of Chimeras without treads, sitting up on blocks in front of the barracks?
  • Like 1

Meh, maybe it's the posing and the bright clean paintjobs but they don't look very menacing. I would like to see the Ogryns in dirty white tank tops though, and jeans. The respirator head is fun and Nork is a winner.

The Hydra is great, but if in the rules it still has skyfire but not interceptor I'll stick with the two conversions I have. Heavy support is crowded enough. 

I can't find any rules rumors yet. My wishlist involves:

an order for interceptor, and orders for vehicles.

lower costs for weird and unpopular units like abhumans and RRs

homeworld rules (city fighters, jungle fighters, desert dudes, arctic attackers, mechanized, underhive scum for example)

more variety for psyker lords and psyker battle squads

more offbeat wargear to make characters stand out, and cheap enough to be worth taking on a fragile frame

Vox casters should be cheap or included in the squad for free

There should be more leadership tricks for fragile guys like heavy weapon squads or perhaps a small points decrease

Most of the tanks are costed pretty fairly, but bulldozers should be 5 pts

I would like to propose we start calling these guys "Space Army" in honor of the name change.

Also, it's funny to see how prevalent crotch-plates are becoming in the Imperium. First the Centurions, now these poor guys. It's becoming so fashionable, that one bloke had to salvage tank treads to fit in. Glad to see everyone taking their reproductive health seriously.

I'm more concerned that it's gonna take us another 38,000 years to figure out proper dick protection. It's the wave of the future, guys. Embrace it and take comfort in it.

• Like 2

They get a new book, the pic for it is posted in the OP. The cover for the supplement is not shown but the price and page number listed are for the supplement.

So yes, the IG will have a new codex And I will have to learn to refer to them as Astra Militarum. Space Military, Space Troopers, Space Army. I do not know how to translate Latin so anyone want to give it a go?

Of astral miltariast, or similar.

GW's cases are atrocious

I think that most people will end up calling them Ehh-Emm or Astra or IG or Guard. It is very unlikely that someone will call them Astra Militarum most of the time. Just as most people don't say 'Tau Empire' or 'Chaos Space Marines' when you ask them what army they are playing, they say 'Tau' or 'Chaos'.

• Like 1