Eldar Themes - most wanted

Torg

I have picked up a huge amount of new eldar to build a new army with.  My current Eldar wraith wall list is painted in a blue and snow theme - that army is pretty and complete for the most part.  With the new eldar I have picked up I was thinking I would try to paint a cohesive "stock" Eldar force.  Just in case I later decide to sell the army off - I was thinking that if I stuck with a semi stock scheme it may be easier to sell… then again who knows.

Regardless of this I have decided to paint my first really "stock" Eldar army - but I am stuck with the choices to make.  So I thought I would ask the fellow gamers - to get a gauge of what may be more desirable if I ever did sell.  So - my leanings are equally to Ulthwe' (primarily black, bone, reds - etc.) or Saim-Hann ( primarily reds, white/bone etc.).  I see both of these as easy to start painting - the Saim-hann being slightly more complex when getting into details - but really I am looking for is...

… What would you want to see on the other side of the table?… a unified cohesive Eldar army - themed… as?  eheh

-- as far as basing and the rest of the theme goes it will not be snow (my existing army is snow themed)… and I want to stick with a basic Eldar craft world.   

-d

I'm thinking burnt savanna style basing at this point… (dry grass clumps…. grey ashen ground… or tan/dusty dirt… with dark rock elements.)  I agree on the Saim-hann they do "POP" on the table.  After I made this post I found some nice dirty red schemes with bone/yellow which looked nice.

I also saw some interesting Biel-Tan stuff… but not sure I want all that green lol.

Thanks for the opinion  :)

-d

Baby blue backdrop with light use of green bamboo stocks and cherry blossoms all blowing gently in the wind - painted onto the armor of every model. Then a chinese garden type basing. Would look very eldar-y.

I want to do a "stock" Eldar Craftworld paint scheme… I will decide how I execute it particularly - if I use brick reds… and white or forest green and bone… or whatever.  But what I am looking for is which seems like it would be the more desirable overall?

for example … you see a couple fully painted and composed Eldar Craftworld armies… aside from their army list make up.  Which would you want to purchase given equal quality paint (etc.)  the Ulthwe'? the Biel-tan?… Saim-hann?  

I have a few ideas about what the army will have in it… (Wraithknight - possibly flyer - and Eldar hornets for sure)… but otherwise the meat of the army hasn't been thought out.  It comes down to what to paint - and if I decide to sell later - what is more likely to be wanted :D

-d

I have never seen a Biel Tan in the Northwest.

You've been looking in the wrong places, then! Follow the link below to a "look inside" walkthrough of the new Dark Tower Games location in Bellingham (shortly after he moved to his new location, but before getting extra stock and more terrain. Go to the entrance to the back room (but don't go in!). Look at the display case to the right. My! What a LOVELY Wood Elf army! What wonderful genius made that? Now look to the display case on the left. Biel. Tan. In. The. House!!!!!!!!

https://www.google.com/maps/@48.751059,-122.475687,3a,75y,21.63h,90t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1sMQiXfp5WFm8LyxrN5nySvA!2e0!3e2!6m1!1e1

• Like 1

You've been looking in the wrong places, then! Follow the link below to a "look inside" walkthrough of the new Dark Tower Games location in Bellingham (shortly after he moved to his new location, but before getting extra stock and more terrain. Go to the entrance to the back room (but don't go in!). Look at the display case to the right. My! What a LOVELY Wood Elf army! What wonderful genius made that? Now look to the display case on the left. Biel. Tan. In. The. House!!!!!!!!

https://www.google.com/maps/@48.751059,-122.475687,3a,75y,21.63h,90t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1sMQiXfp5WFm8LyxrN5nySvA!2e0!3e2!6m1!1e1

I'm so in love with both those armies