Shadowspear - New 40K Box

scottshoemaker

1 hour ago, PourSpelur said:

Wasn't there a big hullabaloo on Dakka about the KAOS TICK because there was a teeny-tiny pic of it on the back of some book?

I don't know about Dakka, specifically, but there was a lot of buzz about it on other forums and blogs because it appears in the cover art of Urban Conquest.

Screenshot_357.jpg

• Like 1

Facebook had a picture pointing out how similar the new oblit is to a Skaven Stormfiend. 

Also pointed out how that spidery chaos robot looks alot like the MAKO from Ghost in the Shell (the tv show). 

43 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Also pointed out how that spidery chaos robot looks alot like the MAKO from Ghost in the Shell (the tv show). 

Do you mean the Tachikoma? 

I can kinda see the similarities, but really, anything robotic and spider-shaped is going to look vaguely like anything else robotic and spider-shaped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ish said:

Do you mean the Tachikoma? 

I can kinda see the similarities, but really, anything robotic and spider-shaped is going to look vaguely like anything else robotic and spider-shaped.

Yeah, Tachikoma. My mistake. 

Tatikoma_B2.jpg 

• 3 weeks later...

Gifts... Gifts from the potato camera gods... 

FB_IMG_1551598841991.jpg

FB_IMG_1551598820793.jpg

image0.jpg

They are heavy support Snipers... The start of a Brigade in the making. 

Uiv7i1v_d.jpg

Fast attack autocannons... 

uZ6z7tZ_d.jpg

The new gold standard of troops.... My poor poor orks. 

FB_IMG_1551600381688.jpg

Oh yea the librarian. Scouting psyker.... Seems good. 

Points are currently missing and so are the new psychic powers... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

How can mere mortals hope to keep up with the game if they are always adding new units? "New units sell boxes" has become GW's mantra.

Just buy what you want or need. I am actually pretty low on buying new stuff for my armies. I'm not as completionist for my armies as I might be although Sisters will break me there. My complaint would be 'why do you keep putting out so many awesome terrain sets?' which I have to buy. 🙂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

How can mere mortals hope to keep up with the game if they are always adding new units? "New units sell boxes" has become GW's mantra.

I don't bother. Hell I am making Deffwotch Orks and Grot Guard. Who needs newer models when I can just convert them! 

Fun aside, GW has been in a huge "buy them if you want kick" from how much they are diversifying and spreading out these models will likely be in their own kits in a matter of months and I am willing to bet with options outside of the box set. If you want them, cool buy em, if not, meh

25 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Fun aside, GW has been in a huge "buy them if you want kick" from how much they are diversifying and spreading out these models will likely be in their own kits in a matter of months and I am willing to bet with options outside of the box set. If you want them, cool buy em, if not, meh

And with the exception of whole new armies (like GSC) I don't feel like most of these are MUST BUY units. Just cool stuff you could use if you wanted.

• Like 1