Space Marines hit with teh Nef Bat HARD!

Tamwulf

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/246fca2d.pdf
Turn 1- Devastator Doctrine. Turn 2, Tactical Doctrine. Turn 3, can stay in Tactical, or switch to Assault. Turn 4 and beyond: Assault doctrine.
Delete Adaptive Strategy Stratagem (the one that lets you swap the doctrines).
The real gut punch: The benefits you gain from the AP of the doctrines no longer stacks with any other rule.

Soups back on the menu boys! LOL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ish said:

Because nothing says “ultimate masters of tactics able to adapt to battlefield conditions on a moments notice to exploit any weakness in the enemy’s battle plan” like having fixed tactics that you use in the same order during every fight. 

That's true. But there's also nothing less tactical than pointing at a rule and saying "this unit shoots better now".

"Be more efficient." Why didn't I think of that tactic??

5 hours ago, Ish said:

Because nothing says “ultimate masters of tactics able to adapt to battlefield conditions on a moments notice to exploit any weakness in the enemy’s battle plan” like having fixed tactics that you use in the same order during every fight. 

Blame Guilliman and his Codex Astartes. Dorn wanted to keep his Legion and ways of war, but nooooooo.

7 hours ago, Tamwulf said:

The real gut punch: The benefits you gain from the AP of the doctrines no longer stacks with any other...

I think this has been the case from the beginning with Doctrines. Or at least the errata that followed immediately after the new codex release. 

I play White Scars, who excel in the assault doctrine, so the changes are fairly inconsequential for me. It may even be a buff in a perverse way, since I’ll be in my element from turn 3 on, while other chapters get only one to two turns in theirs.