Building the Community

I spoke with HeroZero, while at Dice Ages Games, today and we would love to see the Warhammer community continue to grow as a WHOLE in the GREAT PACIFIC NORTH WEST.  As such, we would like to get something going for the community on Saturday's at Dice Age Games.

We are both going to be there next Saturday and would love to see some of you show up.  If all you want to do is show up and converse with other Warhammer players for 30 minutes, then come down.  If you want to throw down on some games, bring some models.  If you want to practice tactics, come on down.  If you need a "learning" game, come on down.

We are trying to get a twice a month thing started at first, in order to get this community growing.

As such next Saturday November 8th will be our first attempt at getting this to happen.  I hope to see you there!

• Like 2

My parents from Iowa are here for the week... But I'm down for it after that :) especially testing some fun lists. I need you to teach me how to use the magic phase mn :)

No problem, I can help assist you in the ways of managing the magic phase.  In the meantime, here's a short write-up I did.  Read this and you may get a basic understanding of how to effectively use the magic phase and what to expect from it.

http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/19273-spell-casting-101/

Hope this picks up steam, that would be great. Was actually at Dice Age earlier today (well, technically yesterday, Friday) giving my buddy a learning game, 1k points of Chaos vs DE.

Unfortunately this this Saturday I have to work, and then go to bed super early to be up by 4am on Sunday :(. But if this becomes a regular thing, I'll definitely try to be down there as often as I can.  Back when WHFB was a thing every other Saturday on Dice Age, I was able to attend pretty consistently, so looking forward to something happening again on this side of the river.

Got a couple of friends in the Vancouver area who are starting up Fantasy, I will point them in this direction :) 

• Like 1

Hope this picks up steam, that would be great. Was actually at Dice Age earlier today (well, technically yesterday, Friday) giving my buddy a learning game, 1k points of Chaos vs DE.

Unfortunately this this Saturday I have to work, and then go to bed super early to be up by 4am on Sunday :(. But if this becomes a regular thing, I'll definitely try to be down there as often as I can.  Back when WHFB was a thing every other Saturday on Dice Age, I was able to attend pretty consistently, so looking forward to something happening again on this side of the river.

Got a couple of friends in the Vancouver area who are starting up Fantasy, I will point them in this direction :)

That's the goal. We'd like to see more warhammer players come out and meet the other players. This is a grat way to connect with other gamers. We hope to see them there.

My little boy has his 7th birthday party today. Depending on what is going on I might be able to sneek down for a bit. Also I thought we were doing the painting models at Dice Age every 3rd Saturday of the month. It will help people to get their armies painted up and perhaps share painting and converting tips. I do agree, that the fantasy portion of Warhammer is fading again. With so much new stuff coming and so much new ideas for themes arising. Well, let's get this going.

Also, I think that we should all make Dice Age Games the official Warhammer fantasy store that we all buy our stuff from ( unless your in Salem or Seattle or far far away) Here's why I think this. Guardian Games is a big store that really does not need your fantasy business. They have loads of other things going on there from Pokemon, Magic, Warmahorde, to 40K. Roy could use the boost and it will keep more tournaments coming to that store. We need to show that we are committed to making one store a dedicated source of one game. We all could help by showing support for Dice Age. if he sees more of us buying from him he will bring in more supply. So, what do you guys think? Also Dice Age supports Ordo, and the OFCC every year. So if we could commit this would be great, thanks to everyone.