OFCC using end times? WTF?!?!?!

The fact that a TOMB KINGS army won the US MASTERS using ET/Lore of Undeath in a SwedeComped event should tell us something about ET and the altered meta it creates.  I trust Sylvos will weigh and weight ET correctly.

First line of defense is and should be the players themselves, secondly their respective captains.  If something agregious slips through to Sylvos then shame on them.  Both of them, but especially the captain.  Let's take our responsibilities seriously gentlemen.

• Like 1

After the 15th of April I will see what teams have paid for the event and invite those captains to the Captain's Forum where I will be outlining items to watch and the pitfalls of Swedish Comp.

(As well as how to properly match up their teams).

((Yes there will be an announcement ffs))

(((Yes it will be in the OFCC Fantasy section)))

Ehh, Malekith isn't really all that.  I'm not saying he's not a beast, but he's definitely not better than Nagash and, from a competitive point of view, not better than KFA.  Hell I'd probably bring Imrik if I weren't so obsessed with getting the most out of special rules on SCs and Avatar of Khaine Tyrion is also way more likely to win you games than EK Malekith.

I do find the fear of him to be interesting.  Have you guys been fighting against the other heavy hitters in ET at all or is it that you just don't happen to bring the tools needed to shut Malekith down?

• Like 1

Dan, which End Times armies have you fought against that have been un-fun and what kinds of lists were they bringing?

One example springs to mind:

Aidan's son ( I can't recall his name) Brought Karl Franz Ascended to BSB and wiped Dan off the table. Aidan's son is ~9 years old. Dan is a seasoned tournament vet. 

Even a 9 year old can figure out that most of the counters to 800+ point combat heroes rely on them inexplicably not being in combat, and charge something turn 2.   

The End Times, I guess they're a good leveler? 

I'd be frustrated as heck if it were me, so I completely understand Dan's reaction. However... The image of Dan getting tabled by a 9 year old is absolutely delightful! :)

It reminds me of the time at OFCC, when we were thinking of handicapping Dan by making him play a game while wearing a blindfold. 

• Like 1

One example springs to mind:

Aidan's son ( I can't recall his name) Brought Karl Franz Ascended to BSB and wiped Dan off the table. Aidan's son is ~9 years old. Dan is a seasoned tournament vet. 

Even a 9 year old can figure out that most of the counters to 800+ point combat heroes rely on them inexplicably not being in combat, and charge something turn 2.   

The End Times, I guess they're a good leveler? 

Dan also came 20th in that tournament, while Fin came 35th (out of 40).

Also let's not all act like Dan being tabled by a 9 year old is out of the ordinary ;)

• Like 2

Actually I find the fact I came in 20th exceptional since my first game saw me tabled by a chaos legion army, and fintan tabled me with KFA by himself (he didn't need the rest of his army in that game).  

The eternity king army I faced in that tournament was played by someone completely new who made a lot of mistakes.... the skaven I played should have tabled me too, but he also seemed new and made lots of mistakes.  The dwarf army with few warmachines was more of a novelty army, he was a good player but had no tools for dealing with all the scouting and tunnelling I had.  I think getting 20 in that tournament was an achievement with vanilla TK.

It's not even the special characters, many units become much better in eternity king but cost no different with the overlap upgrades.  Having a casket in a regular VC build to give it a stronger magic phase is very good. etc... there are plenty of not-well thought out ideas in end times books aside from the characters.  

• Like 2

There should be a historical OFCC page, where I can go back and see samples from any given year's OFCC. See the highlights, the winners, how many teams showed up, what the Ordo Outrage Topic (OOT) was that year and a sample of 'best/worst' posts.

Being able to see the lists for each team, the match ups, etc would be pretty awesome.  Some of the soft scores, I don't know if the entire community needs to be seeing, although I know people who used to frequent the forum would've liked to have had access to all of it, but I digress.  

Veskit, Why not just bring an End Times army too? If there is new stuff in the game that is better and stronger then what you have in your list. Why wouldn't you wanna bring something new yourself?

I have been playing TK for all of 8th and I wouldn't bring the same lists we TK players have been using for the past couple years. Just using lore of undeath helps a lot. Just ask Mexican Ninja about the game we had.

I say embrace the change. Use some new End Times stuff and come see what you're missing.

Obviously everyone wants you to come and enjoy yourself. There wouldn't be so many posts on this thread otherwise.

• Like 2