south Korea

PumpkinHead

I lived in Korea back in the mid 90s.  Even then it was pretty saturated with McDonalds, etc., although there were still things you could not find.  A couple days before I left country I turned down a road I had been within a block of at least a hundred times and there in front of me, like a shining beacon on a hill, was a KFC.  I hadn't had a potato in over a year.  Those were the best mashed potatoes and gravy I've ever had.

What part of Korea you in?

• Like 1

It is very true. 3/4 of the test engineers I have talked to play either LoL or SC2. Korea has a tv channel dedicated to e sports.

Man, I am not normally a seafood person but I have decided not to starve. Their traditional food is very tasty. I have also had the pleasure of eating in the traditional way for dinners. Cross legged at tables only like 10 inches off the floor. Man do my legs hurt after a meal. We had Korean BBQ last night, best freak in food on the planet!

• Like 3

Man, I am not normally a seafood person but I have decided not to starve. Their traditional food is very tasty. I have also had the pleasure of eating in the traditional way for dinners. Cross legged at tables only like 10 inches off the floor. Man do my legs hurt after a meal. We had Korean BBQ last night, best freak in food on the planet!

The food was one or my favorite things when I was there. When I did Korean BBQ there you cooked it at your table on the bucket of hot coals that sat in the middle. I hope it hasn't changed a bit.

Also where I discovered egg and cheese ramyun, preferably Shin.