The Age of Sigmar begins...

Yeah, I had hope but have lost it in the past few days. I really like the war scrolls be no points come on wtf GW. Off to 40k after ofcc.

I am in the same boat.

I was very, very leery at first. Then I read the rules, and the warscrolls, and there's part of me that really -wants- to like these rules.... but it's like GW put stuff in there to remind you just how much we're -supposed- to dislike GW. LOL.

Am I the only one that feels like "this can not be it?" when they read through rules and looked at GW's website. I was even on the downer side before looking at all the rumors and talking about my concerns, but this is even more less than what I was expecting.

I read the rules last night and tried to get my head around it and I saw some potential but as I read further there is just so much missing that leaves very large gaps. This just has to be the Mini Rules Set before a bigger book comes out. This can not be it.

• Like 1

If we don't boycott this and it's a success. Think what could happen to 40k.

Please boycott this garbage! Please!

40k is already a success. Allegedly AoS came about as an attempt to reboot fantasy since it wasn't a success. 40k, for all it's problems, is not goog AoS.

40k is already a success. Allegedly AoS came about as an attempt to reboot fantasy since it wasn't a success. 40k, for all it's problems, is not goog AoS.

I agree, 40k is very successful. They wont be doing anything like this to 40k.  Especially after AoS fails miserably.

Am I the only one that feels like "this can not be it?" when they read through rules and looked at GW's website. I was even on the downer side before looking at all the rumors and talking about my concerns, but this is even more less than what I was expecting.

I read the rules last night and tried to get my head around it and I saw some potential but as I read further there is just so much missing that leaves very large gaps. This just has to be the Mini Rules Set before a bigger book comes out. This can not be it.

I kind of have that feeling too... maybe the big book pretre mentioned is still coming... and if so that is great. But if said big book just adds more detailed of the same rules I do not really know if it will make the game better. And if it does come, and they include a compositions system are they re-releasing the PDFs... or what?

Too many questions...

Im feeling the same way.

I don't think we are seeing everying at this point,not sure why they would hold any core features back right now...

Theres a reference on the first page of the rules stating that players should start by choosing "One of the seven Mortal Realms" to play in,then states that it may effect certain unit abilities,or something along those lines.May not be anything more than fluff but still,,we don't know even how to go about that.

• Like 1

I looked at bretonnian and beastmen warscrolls. I read the rules. For a non competitive, garage game between two roommates or people that are super close. Yeah fun game, maybe easy to regulate there.

However you move to another state, another community, go to OFCC? Visit another gaming community? The game falls apart. Any other game you can show up and say WFB? 2800 points? Cool and play. I don't see it happening with this.

And modeling wise for rules it looks stupid! Rules like musicians where it says if the unit includes a model with this is gets bonuses. So now all of my knights should be carrying banners and trumpets?

Just adding something like objectives, like in 40k, could give the game some more depth and maybe tactics.??? Holding table quarters again or maybe table 6ths? Sure you can have your kill um all scenario, but make others to make it not about kill um all, which usually is down when trying to achieve an objective. There will be books on the relms, makes money, the problem is you have to put out a game people might actually want to play in order to buy the books. Just because you make good looking, I know subjective for some, models and we'll breakdown and buy. Bull[big bad swear word]! The game fails business wise cause they don't f'ING listen to their customers.

40k should get a lift from Fantasy players moving over. Since many don't have Demons they can just rebase, they actually have to buy new armies. Which they probably wouldn't have done had Fantasy disappeared.

Well I already owned a Dark Angle force that was very sad until the new Codex came out, just about the time of AoS.

Hmmmm...... Nah.

• Like 2

Shoots and Ladders.

Unless you're serious. Then the answer is 'Age of Sigmar'

I actually was serious, then I went to the GW site and saw it. Very surprising. Hard to believe that warhammer is now this.

And modeling wise for rules it looks stupid! Rules like musicians where it says if the unit includes a model with this is gets bonuses. So now all of my knights should be carrying banners and trumpets?

I was considering this angle. But the casualties are picked by the owning player, so you just don't pick your banner/musicians until last... of course what about your musician with a banner? You know, so you still get the bonus when you are down to one model. I think I saw a couple units with a champion too... he should carry the bannerhorn I think!

Yeah I will probably try this out just to satisfy my curiosity but I foresee selling off my collection. My question is why would I play a game like this when I could play Wrath of Kings, Infinity, Saga, Dark Age or pretty much any other game out there right now? Pretty much all of these games are fun, fast(ish) and have tons of tactical depth not to mention at least some vague balance. I imagine I will go back to WarmaHordes to scratch the at least kind of army itch.

• Like 1

And that is why I will be at least trying it. But I own models for the other games too. This is just way too simplified. The lack of balance is actually hard to comprehend. Every other game has some mechanic that makes the game more or less balanced. This abomination is made of pure evil and the tears of orphans and probably some of my tears too.

• Like 1

Are you 100% sure they are not going to sometime in the future? 40k is doing well this year but what happens if they have a few bad years?

You ready for that?

I don't think GW would "AOS" 40K unless one of two things happened. 1) Sales dropped off dramatically, or 2) AOS was a blockbuster. But since neither of those things seem very likely, I don't think us 40K fans need to worry much. ;)