Games Workshop Relics

dkieft

I have been playing GW games for a long while and have many artifacts beyond old rule books and miniatures. While grabbing one of these as a tray for a current project it struck me of how long these had been gone, and for how long they were the mainstay.

med_gallery_1148_120_474084.jpg

What relics do you have laying around? Let us see em!

• Like 2

I have been playing GW games for a long while and have many artifacts beyond old rule books and miniatures. While grabbing one of these as a tray for a current project it struck me of how long these had been gone, and for how long they were the mainstay.

med_gallery_1148_120_474084.jpg

What relics do you have laying around? Let us see em!

I just chucked one of these!

Picked up White Dwarf number 102 a while back for a dollar. Holy Macaroni it's good! Yeah it had ads but know what else it had? Content!! Articles about artists and creators, fluff about Daemon names (and a random chart to generate them), FAQ's from the new fantasy role play book, Chapter Approved rules for the new Eldar Warwalker, extra characters for a board game, painting tips for human and orc faces, colorplates for crossbowmen, fluff and rules for medics in 40k, big splash about Dark Futures the car-combat game, kit bash instructions, thoughts from the game designers, rules for kickers in Bloodbowl, and a big section about the Fimr! Rules for playing them in Fantasy, fluff and a module against them in the role play game. Makes me look at what they turned WhiteDwarf into and shake my head...

• Like 5

I seem to recall even older WD's actually having articles about games made by other companies? (GASP!) Like, for D&D and stuff?

Or maybe I just missed my meds this evening.

-Tim

I know that a bunch of my Terry Pratchett books have WD quotes in the blurb section, despite the fact that WD stopped doing book reviews long before most of them were written. And yeah, they originally started as a D&D support company, so they had that stuff in there for a while.

I remember the reverse, too. I had a copy of Dragon Magazine back in the day with a review of the 40K 2nd Ed Core Box back when it first came out.

• Like 1

I seem to recall even older WD's actually having articles about games made by other companies? (GASP!) Like, for D&D and stuff?

Or maybe I just missed my meds this evening.

-Tim

I have issue 7 and yes indeed! D&D, Gamma world etc. I'll dig it up and post a pic if I remember when I get home.