New SW Rumors

pretre

Blood Angels at least see use as a way to access Drop Pods and have a couple of formations (such as the "assault turn 1 from stormravens" one) that are at least tournament-worthy. The best SW can manage is Wolfstar, which to be honest I have never actually seen do well at a tournament nor been at all impressed by; Ravenwing does it better, as does Librarius Conclave.

Orks may have an awkward codex, but thanks to Zagstrukk and the cheapo Mek Stompa they at least have some viable tournament stuff. Moreover, they've won several good-sized tournaments in 7E, even if they are probably no longer considered top-tier.

You can take the HQ guy that has an upgrade to a stompa and it's far less than that. I want to say in the neighborhood of 500 something points or there abouts.

Wow!,you mean that's not considered a misprint any more?

Uhh...I think I need to get some new arms for my Stompa now,lol.

Anyhow,back to the SW.Since everyone is getting free stuff for their armies,im hoping for free Wolves!

Big Mek Buzzgob with his Stompa is 400pts (plus any upgrades taken, which are another 0-150pts.)

Whether or not it's intentional is a huge convoluted issue, but the bottom line is that ITC has voted to allow it in Ork-only armies, which I think is an acceptable decision in light of the other stuff that's running around.

• Like 1

Wonder if the Forgeworld character in Mymera is any indication what these guys will be about - fleet, rending high T.  Either way, I can't see how these guys will do anything that TWC won't already do better.  Bet they will just be slightly cheaper but not beasts.  It's really the issue GW runs into a lot now -- they tend to make stuff that the artists want to create, without any idea how it will fit into the army.  Its like the toxicrene, haruspex etc all over again