New SW Rumors

pretre

Hello there,

Obviously I haven't seen all the new rules and (for what it's worth) wanted to chip in my two cents regarding the "Curse of the Wulfen."

I saw the hunt / kill charts and would ASSUME (which I know is dangerous) that there will also be additional wording about the "curse" and how it affects friendly units in that the affected units MUST charge forth in order to get into hand-to-hand combat.  Thus, the "curse" would goof up stationary shooting, tactical movement, etc. as the Space Wolves feel the curse and devolve into Wulfen.

In all the Space Wolves stuff I've read, the Curse of the Wulfen is viewed upon by chapter members as truly a fall from grace... a could-have-been-noble Space Wolf fighting for the Emperor transformed into a bloodthirsty, bestial savage.  This is where the phrase "there are no wolves on Fenris" comes from, don't forget. 

Stay safe,

don

• Like 1

What I wouldn't give to have some of these special rules applied to various Blood Angel things *looks at my Sanguinary guard*.

Man, it's going to be tough going against this plus any TWC. Playing against TWC plus an allied Ironhands bike command squad with chaplain, apothecary w/ storm shields was impossible enough!

Oh well, Looks like close combat is back for you wolves! Grats.

What I wouldn't give to have some of these special rules applied to various Blood Angel things *looks at my Sanguinary guard*.

Man, it's going to be tough going against this plus any TWC. Playing against TWC plus an allied Ironhands bike command squad with chaplain, apothecary w/ storm shields was impossible enough!

Oh well, Looks like close combat is back for you wolves! Grats.

The thing is... I don't know that it is enough. They aren't durable enough and if they are in a flyer, they aren't coming in until turn 2.