New 40k edition

pretre

I feel like they still kind of missed an opportunity on the CSM Units. There really needs to be an incentive to make use of the larger Unit size. Being able to take more Special/Heavy/CC Weapons, some sort of additional buff like the Boyz get above 20 Models, something. The big Squads are a cool idea, but they've never actually made them worth taking, and they haven't even really tried anything to encourage it.

15 minutes ago, WestRider said:

I feel like they still kind of missed an opportunity on the CSM Units. There really needs to be an incentive to make use of the larger Unit size. Being able to take more Special/Heavy/CC Weapons, some sort of additional buff like the Boyz get above 20 Models, something. The big Squads are a cool idea, but they've never actually made them worth taking, and they haven't even really tried anything to encourage it.

This isn't that book. This is the 7th to 8th transition book. That is, let's see what tge codex brings.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Psilence said:

So kharn has 12, st6, ap -4 attacks that always hit on 2+ in close combat.

Kill Maim Burn indeed!

He needs to get shot To death, like right now.

:p

It can get worse if we see things that buff the each units Fight Phase. Say if models In x" get an extra attack, or deal mortal wounds, etc. . . it can get crazy

2 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Kharn can take out a Knight in a single turn. 

Well he Plasma Pistols the door, runs in and kills everyone with Gorechild 

Though on attacking, he should miss 2 attacks, then he will need 5's to wound so out of 10 attacks he will fail 6. And of the 4 remaining, be should deal around 8 damage. 

We’ve heard already about a lot of the war zones of the new Warhammer 40,000Baal, Armageddon, Damocles, Cadia – some are new battles and others are continuations of long and bitter wars that trace their origins back to before the Horus Heresy.|

The war zone we are going to talk about today, though, is particularly hard fought – a war zone that contains hundreds of planets, amongst them the home world of the Ultramarines and their Primarch.

40kWarzoneUltramarArt2.jpg

The region of Ultramar is one of the largest jewels in the crown of the Imperium and was one of the few places in the galaxy that could be considered prosperous… but that jewel is about to lose its sparkle.

The new Warhammer 40,000 book looks at this war zone in some detail. Let’s have a little look at what it has to say:

“WAR ZONE: ULTRAMAR

Greedy eyes looked out from the roiling warp. They lingered long over the southern reaches of Ultima Segmentum. Nurgle wanted them for his own. He wished to lavish his gifts upon them, to watch their citizens sprout new growths and lament while other parts rotted and sloughed off.

The worlds of Ultramar were prosperous, well governed and aesthetically beautiful. It is no wonder that such a gem drew the eager eye of Nurgle. Wishing to annex those worlds directly into his own Garden in the Realm of Chaos, the Father of Plagues set his minions to the task. After the Great Rift tore reality and flooded warp energies into the galaxy, Nurgle deemed the time was ripe.

Where seeds of corruption had been planted, where the Plague That Walks, the Oozing Pox, and the Eyerot had decimated overcrowded hive worlds, there did Nurgle put forth his greatest efforts. As darkness closed over those worlds, new, virulent strains of those dreadful diseases started the cycle of death anew. This time, however, the cycle was completed, for there was life also. From the corpses of the fallen burst countless Nurglings. In the devastation that ensued, Cults of Corruption summoned further aid. The following battles – known by the Imperium as the Plague Wars – ended when three systems to the galactic north of Ultramar were corrupted and turned into the Scourge Stars. Calling upon three of his greatest commanders, Nurgle tasked them with next conquering Ultramar.”

40kWarzoneUltramarArt1.jpg

Well, things are looking pretty grim for the worlds of Ultramar. As if narrowly surviving a Tyranid hive fleet a few decades back and weathering a Black Legion invasion in the Gathering Storm weren’t bad enough…

As well as the background on the war zone though, we also get some maps of the region, seeing how the sub-empire of Ultramar and some of the 500 Worlds connect.

40kWarzoneUltramarMap.jpg

The story of the upcoming Dark Imperium box set is set in Ultramar (though battles like it are erupting all across the Imperium). The Ultramarines, of course, have been reinforced by the arrival of their Primaris Space Marine brothers and the return of their Primarch. The legions of Nurgle, though, are nothing if not tenacious, and with the Death Guard leading the way, will this latest, inexorable attack be the doom of Ultramar?

Let’s see how it plays out…

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

Don't we have rules about posting copyrighted material? All of these army lists that are being posted are from the $25 books that GW is going to be selling. So how exactly is it okay for us to post it on the forum?

Mods are free to tell me to knock it off. I'm posting the leaks as they come out so people know what's up. I'm still buying the books that I need, so it isn't like GW is losing my sale.

6 minutes ago, Frowbakk said:

Besides, if you think the 'leaks' aren't coming from GW themselves at this point, I don't know what to tell you...

Yes, because that would make it okay. Look, we have rules on this forum and I'm pretty sure they are being broken by all the 40K army book posts. People weren't allowed to "share" codex material before, so I don't see how that is suddenly different now.

@Pretre - you already know the rules, so a mod shouldn't have to tell you. I get it, everyone is super excited about this edition. I am too. But that doesn't make what you are posting okay.