Rate the Last Movie You Saw

On 12/14/2017 at 10:18 PM, shmitty said:

And The Last Jedi did not disappoint.  

I like my Star Wars to be fun and full of big moments.  It had that and more.   

Good times, looking forward to viewing number two.  

Number 3/9, you mean?

Last Jedi 3/5 hands

The Good: Lightsaber and stick fights

The Bad: Too many out of universe jokes breaking fourth wall, worse than Vaders bad puns in Rogue One.

The Ugly: This Episode of Star Wars brought to you by GRR martin

Ok here goes:

Last Jedi 4/10

In short the only thing I enjoyed about this movie were the effects and the acting of Kylo Ren.

i have major issues with this and the Force Awakens and they are slowly starting to get into the Episode 1-3 category of woeful. I am never one to bash my fellow countryman but Daisy Ridley can’t act for [big bad swear word]. Her acting was forced (excuse the pun), awkward and woefully not up to the franchise’s reputation. Kylo Ren’s acting was better than the last film and was a shining light in a film full of folks who were trying to create a bad version of Empire Strikes Back. I agree on a previous comment that it should of gone through at least 1-2 rounds of editing to make the storyline flow better.There were also too many JJ Abrams lense flares and bull[big bad swear word] through out. The forced and thrown in childish comedic value started to make it farcical and tries to detract from a woeful film. My wife enjoyed it but she isn’t that much of a purest as myself and I still rate this and the force awakens behind rogue one which I enjoyed a lot. 

If you are on the fence and didn’t really enjoy the force awakens wait for this to come out on Download to watch. If you are simply going for a scifi film to relax then special effects are great and plaster over a poor modernisation of the Empire Strikes Back. 

;) much love. 

• Like 2

Last of the Jedi: 4/10.

Let me preface this by saying I like Force Awakens (6/10 probably); Yeah, it's a sorta remake of New Hope, but it was fun, and I liked Rey.

I did not think The Last Jedi was fun. I thought it was pretty boring, actually. Also, no cool bad guys. Snoke / Kylo are no Emperor / Vader.

Will gladly trade episode 9 for another Kngihts of the Old Republic game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2017 at 6:20 AM, Swan-of-War said:

It was just okay.  Not as enjoyable as Force Awakens or Rogue One, but not bad in any way either.  

Yeah....when I walked out of the theater, I put it right at 5/10.  Sadly, the more I think/discuss this movie, the lower my ranking goes...

My Thoughts about The Last Jedi...

The Good

• Luke and Leia, Yoda, the Force, Rey and Kylo.
  • Seeing Luke's X-Wing under the waves
  • Trying to move the story from being Skywalker centric
  • Resistance learns their lesson they can't rely on last ditch efforts to win the day...at least I hope they do.

The Bad

• Bombers...literal gravity driven bombers in space???  
  • if Launching a ship into Light Speed towards an armada (just one cruiser) can destroy so many ships, and seriously cripple such a capital ship as Snoke's, why isn't that just weaponized all the time in the Star Wars universe?  Why didn't they do that with the first ship that ran out of fuel?
  • I forgave the Force Awakens being a re-do of A New Hope.  I do not forgive The Last Jedi being a reskin mashup of Empire and Return
  • Battering Ram Cannon???
  • What was the plan for those land speeders that sprayed red so you always knew where they were?
  • The Resistance is led by a bunch of morons, they would have been wiped out years ago against such a military machine as the First Order...
  • ...which leads me to ...who the hell is funding the First Order?  If they have the resources to build star killers, dreadnoughts, capital ships...and lose them, and not seem to care...they have already won everything.
  • Snoke...why does he even exist?  Seriously, someone in hollywood is just sitting around going...we need to create a role for Andy Serkis to be featured in our film.
  • The timing of everything...Finn and Rose going to some planet and getting back in time.  Captured.  All that in time to still attempt their plan?  18 hours of fuel?

I am depressed that Rian Johnson has been given the next trilogy, to be honest, at seeing Last Jedi, I am not excited at all about it.. :(

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, splinx said:

It’s this or interstellar for me for sci fi film of the decade! 

Yikes guys...that is a tough one...I mean...c'mon, we've had some great sci fi movies in the last 10 years.

• Arrival
  • Blade Runner 2049
  • Moon
  • Ex Machine
  • Mad Max: Fury Road
  • Edge of Tomorrow (I actually am surprised i'm adding this one, but I really enjoyed it)
  • Oblivion (another surprise, but it did so many sci fi tropes I loved it)
  • Looper
  • Chronicle
  • Dredd
  • Attack the Block
  • District 9

I'm still probably missing a few...but scanning through movies of the last 10 years....I think the above would all be on my list.  Arrival is very much  up there for me...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, andozane said:

Yikes guys...that is a tough one...I mean...c'mon, we've had some great sci fi movies in the last 10 years.

• Arrival
  • Blade Runner 2049
  • Moon
  • Ex Machine
  • Edge of Tomorrow (I actually am surprised i'm adding this one, but I really enjoyed it)
  • Looper
  • Chronicle
  • Dredd
  • Attack the Block
  • District 9

I'm still probably missing a few...but scanning through movies of the last 10 years....I think the above would all be on my list.  Arrival is very much  up there for me...

Ex Machina

Also, I see at least two comedies on that list. 

Bushwick: Good, but intense. Needed something to unwind with afterward.

Piranha: The perfect movie to unwind with. Mindless horror comedy. Does contain nudity. Not placing a value judgement on that, but I feel like it's worth mentioning, for different reasons for different audiences ;)

Avalanche Sharks. Even dumber. I've seen better special effects in student films. Middle school student films. Still actually fairly fun if you're in the mood for that sort of thing.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, andozane said:

• Arrival
  • Blade Runner 2049
  • Moon
  • Ex Machine
  • Looper
  • Chronicle
  • Dredd
  • Attack the Block
  • District 9

Good list, and Arrival is definitely awesome.

• Like 1

Over the break, I'm catching up on movies I should have seen already but haven't:

Arrival:  9/10. Great sci-fi story incredibly well presented. Amy Adams was amazing. The weak spot that prevented a 10/10? Jeremy Renner. I just don't like the guy, what can I say?

The Hateful Eight: 3/10. I'm a Tarantino mark, but can't get behind this one. Overly long, boring, predictable and essentially pointless. Even the cinematography was off. Disappointing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1