Spring 40K Old School League - Getting FOC'ed

evil_bryan

Welcome to the official post for the:

Spring 40K Old School League - Getting FOC'ed

9rYVxqH.jpg

This league is all about playing the game, and having a good time. It is also about altering the army building aspect of the game to limit the endless variety that currently exists in 40K. The sole purpose of doing this is to increase play and give people a different (or more familiar) take on playing this great game.

Below you will find a list of rules and rules modifications. We are promoting causal game play. If your goal is to break the system and squeeze as much power out of these parameters, then this league is not for you. Please know that there are no assigned games or opponents, and bringing that gun to a knife fight will impact your ability to find a game. 

Rules:

Army Composition must adhere to the Basic Rule Book Combined Arms Detachment.

The rules for "Ideal Mission Commander" and "Objective Secured" remain in place.

Minimum

1 HQ

2 TROOPS

Optional

1 HQ/LOW (Note, only NON Gargantuan Creature/SuperHeavy LOW Allowed)

4 TROOPS

3 FAST

3 ELITE

3 HEAVY

1 FORTIFICATION (Aegis only)

Your army cannot contain: non-Aegis Fortifications, Gargantuan Creatures, Super Heavies, Formations, Data Sheets, or Allies

Rules Modifications:

FORCE ORGANIZATION

Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii are treated as a single Codex for the basis of the above FOC

Harlequins may be included in either Eldar or Dark Eldar Force Organizations in their respective slots

Inquisition may be included in any Imperial Force int heir respective slots, maximum one unit per slot (ie Max 1 HQ, 1 Troop, 1 Elite)

Assassins may be included as an Elite option in any Imperial Force, maximum 1

VEHICLES

Treat "Vehicle (Flyer) as "Vehicle (Fast Skimmer)".  Flyers are all considered Fast Skimmers.  

CREATURES

Treat "Flying Monstrous Creature" as "Jump Monstrous Creature".  These follow the rules for both Jump and Monstrous Creature types.  They also lose Jink and Vector Strike.

WEAPONS

"D Weapons", or weapons with Strength D, are treated as Strength 10 AP1 Armorbane

SKYFIRE

Ignore the Skyfire reference for weapon special rules

League Details:

The league will run from March 29th  - June 21st, 2016

The cost of the league will be $20  / $10 for Warlord Champions and above

League fees can be paid at Game Night or via PayPal (paypal@ordofanaticus.com)

League games must be 1000 points or more to count, but can be played at any points value

League game do not have to be played at WOW, and participation is open to any Ordo member

Any league games played at WOW will not require paying Game Night fees

Tracking Points:

Tracking will be done via a separate thread and updated weekly

Points will be earned for the following:

• Play a league game with another league member - 1 point
  • Playing a league mission - 1 point
  • Brought snacks to share - 1 point
  • Play a game against a unique league opponent - 2 points
Prizes will be awards to points leaders

League Missions:

There will be 6 league missions available to play. You are not required to play league missions as long as your games followed the established guidelines for play.

Bonus points will be available in each mission.

Mission 1: http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/27792-spring-40k-old-school-league-mission-1-claim-the-bounty/

Mission 2: http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/27850-spring-40k-old-school-league-mission-2-crash-site/ 

Mission 3: http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/27859-spring-40k-old-school-league-mission-3-mistakes-were-made/

Mission 4: http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/27934-spring-40k-old-school-league-mission-4-threat-range/ 

Mission 5: http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/28002-spring-40k-old-school-league-mission-5-cursed-relic/ 

Mission 6: http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/28051-spring-40k-old-school-league-mission-6-tempest/ 

League Achievements:

During the league, there are several achievements that can be earned:

• Direct Route: Complete all 6 missions at 1500 points
  • Scenic Route: Complete all 6 missions at 2000 points
  • Bromance: Play the same opponent for 3 or more games
  • Mr. Popular: Play 7 or more unique opponents
  • Snackpocalypse: Provide snacks for 7 or more games
Any player who earns all 5 league achievements will be entered into special prize drawing.

Participation:
Players can post in this thread to sign up for the league, or sign up in person at Game Night.
Current player roster is below, bold indicated payment has been received
  1. andozane
  2. evil_bryan
  3. Chappy
  4. scottshoemaker
  5. Torg
  6. Brother Glacius
  7. ROGRE
  8. Rcnjack
  9. AgentP
  10. peter.cosgrove
  11. deadwing34
  12. Nathanvoodoo
  13. ArchonOfTheEternalSin
  14. Treads-n-Wings
  • Like 3

if I were to do harlequins… I don't have an HQ…. as per my in book force org.  how is this going to be handled?  (ie. if I were to take a strictly harlequin army rather than allied with either DE or CE.)

-d

Don, Harlequins will not work to meet the FOC requirement. You would need to run them with CE or DE

Don, Harlequins will not work to meet the FOC requirement. You would need to run them with CE or DE

lol - was my point lol… ok so in the "old days" I had a harlequin "codex" which did have HQ and all that… which was my point.  Anyhow, I got it - I will build a list using CE probably - or maybe DE.  Now if I am doing this … Harlequin troupers are "troop" slots… etc.  cool.  I am clear - just wanted to make sure my clear lined up with whatever your clear is.  :P

-d

OK,,count me in.Just paid as well so PM if that didnt go thru.

The achievement system looks fun to work toward but I dont see myself gettin nearly enough games in within the league time frame.Since I need to get back into playing now and then, ill just leave myself open for challenges:)

Ill be running an idiotic SW list that was assembled around last years highlander league,so yeah..ill be running one of each various units and very little plan beside just plopping it down and picking it right back up again..herp derp..

Too bad theres no Highlander achievement,lol

Really thinking about getting out and playing in this league.

I would kind of like a suggested point value, instead of it being so open ended, but that's my only complaint. I played a game in with this format at 1850 points and it was a blast and ended up being a very close game as well.

I had considered structured points value, but I was hoping a more open ended league would allow people more flexibility to play if they are new (or have a new army.) It could also allow for some crazy multi-game game nights at smaller point values. It would be pretty easy to line up a pair of lower point games in a single evening. :)

So the cult has Canticles of the Omnissiah which is based on the number of units on the table that have that rule. The skitarii have Doctrina Imperatives which only applies to models with that rule. So how should this be handled in the league? Do I keep them separate and use them both? or do I choose which one to have and assume that all models in the army have the corresponding rule?

So the cult has Canticles of the Omnissiah which is based on the number of units on the table that have that rule. The skitarii have Doctrina Imperatives which only applies to models with that rule. So how should this be handled in the league? Do I keep them separate and use them both? or do I choose which one to have and assume that all models in the army have the corresponding rule?

My initial thought is to keep them separate, kinda like in the Dark Angels book where there are Ravenwing and Deathwing benefits that apply to different units in the book.

I like this idea, I like it a lot.  Players sign up for the league, and then contact other players and arrange individual games on their own, is that correct?  And is it possible to arrange "make-up" games for the league if one can't make it on Tuesdays?

1500-1850 point lists are what I enjoy playing.  2000 point is possible too.

• Like 1