So where do people game in the greater Portland area?

Duckman

The thread about GG got me wondering.  My wife and I are moving back to the west coast and the greater Portland area is one possibility (we both work from home so we really are pretty flexible).  Most likely up outside Vancouver actually.

So the question is, where do OFCC people go for minis play?

• Thanks 1

Vancouverite here. I play in my basement, because it's super-close to home and serves whatever beverage I'm in the mood for. 😉 If that wasn't available, I'd play at Ordo/WoW in Portland on Tuesday nights or maybe at Dice Age (also in Vancouver). Most stores are too loud for me. I can't imagine playing at Guardian Games.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2019 at 7:30 AM, Duckman said:

The thread about GG got me wondering.  My wife and I are moving back to the west coast and the greater Portland area is one possibility (we both work from home so we really are pretty flexible).  Most likely up outside Vancouver actually.

So the question is, where do OFCC people go for minis play?

I guess it depends on what games you are looking to play, because certain stores have more focus on different games.

• Like 1

I'm in Hillsboro/Beaverton. I go to GG. 

I also game at WOW. 

And recently I went to Retro Game Trader's "Club Room" to play magic the gathering. Even got to see @Brick Bungalow's brother. It was a pleasent experience. 

There is a Warhammer store right near my house, but I've sworn off them until july. They have a pretty good location and it's a good place to play.

EDIT: I supposed I'm not an OFCC person. Somehow missed that.

2 hours ago, paxmiles said:

EDIT: I supposed I'm not an OFCC person. Somehow missed that.

You're on here so good enough for me.

Why swear off the Warhammer store?  I have issues with them for other reasons but that means I have sworn off them for life (since they only want people playing their games in the store) not until July.

6 minutes ago, Duckman said:

You're on here so good enough for me.

Why swear off the Warhammer store?  I have issues with them for other reasons but that means I have sworn off them for life (since they only want people playing their games in the store) not until July.

Nothing wrong with the store. Ian, guy that runs it is great.

Got into an alteration with some players where one of them, while angry, grabbed my models. 

I decided 6 months was enough time for me to forget the affair. So July.

I did cheat once to attend the the store birthday.