Rumors of 7th Ed

JMGraham

You're looking at it from a Nid perspective, but Daemon flying circus just got craz(ier)y.  

Given that Nids can field more fliers (thanks to Skyblight Swarm), I'd consider the gain a little bigger for nids. Especially since demons (particularly the greater demons) have an edge in overall difficulty to wound (defense against the wound from grounding and wounds while grounded) in the first place. But yes, flying circus just got more crazy as well. Those are the only 3 armies with FMCs though right?

Also, is there a catchy term for nid FMC lists? Or is it just Skyblight?

I honestly think it might be a bit too big of a swing. Either changing it to a wound instead of a hit, or once per shooting phase would have been good. Both together might make them a bit too good for my comfort. Curious if any other changes we haven't seen yet counter the new resilience.

Funny enough, with the changes now for bound lists getting to claim objectives just like the gargoyles in skyblight, it actually devalues that formation a little bit. Not a huge amount, but enough that it's not as crazy as it was.

Also, is there a catchy term for nid FMC lists? Or is it just Skyblight?

"Tyranid lists." They really don't have anything else even vaguely viable.

We'll see how FMCs pan out; there's so much other stuff changing that it's really hard to say what the overall effect is, though obviously the changes to grounding make them much more powerful in that respect at least.

"Tyranid lists." They really don't have anything else even vaguely viable.

We'll see how FMCs pan out; there's so much other stuff changing that it's really hard to say what the overall effect is, though obviously the changes to grounding make them much more powerful in that respect at least.

That's disappointing. I want to be able to rant on the interwebs about a cleverly named net list for my army, or watch others rant about it.

Anyways, yeah. I'm very interested in other changes in the FMC/Flyer area. I know we're looking at it from a vacuum.

Those changes do make me wonder how grounding made it in the way it did in 6th. It was too easy to do, and the penalties once it happened were steep. Especially since there are no cheap FMCs.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I like vehicles boom on 7 if hps remain unchanged. That is huge, but weird that a krak grenade, designed specially to pop tanks will not be able to pop a closed tank. Maybe there will be a wreck on a 6.

• Like 1

I like vehicles boom on 7 if hps remain unchanged. That is huge, but weird that a krak grenade, designed specially to pop tanks will not be able to pop a closed tank. Maybe there will be a wreck on a 6.

I like this rule A LOT.  However, they should easily wreck the vehicle, which is safer for them, so that still makes sense.  I thought it was crazy how my orks would lose more models to exploding enemy vehicles than anything else.  Super silly.  

• Like 2

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I think hp have been a great update, bit the damage table to vehicles needs some work.

Junk has been a bit too easy to abuse, so I like hearing their maybe changes to that too. it might now work like fliers, where you have to activate it at the cost of snap firing.

I would like to see snap firing just be a negative modifier than just 6a to hit. Maybe -2. Blasts should be able to be fired but scatter 3d6 miss, and d6 on a hit.

Small wishlisting.