Rumors of 7th Ed

JMGraham

I mean...sure...  But it still is a lousy mechanic.  

And, BrainFireBob.  Yes.  The advantage of 40k was always I could just go anywhere and pickup a game without much problems.  Now?  Now I have to maybe call ahead and find out what people think is ok to play with?  

Well, the truth is, I now pretty much am a garage/porch gamer and my tournament days, while still out there, are more for seeing friends than being competitive.  I'm ok with this, but at the same time, I get bummed out about the directions GW has taken for a good while now.  

• Like 2

How does Fantasy work for armies without magic?

You generate dice no matter what during your magic phase. They are just set aside and left unused. It'll likely be the same for 40k. It stated you get 1d6 + 1 dice, and THEN add psyker mastery levels. So you'd only ever get the base 1d6 + 1.

Edit for more info:

As another note to that, unless there are army specific restrictions that I'm not aware of, there is no army without access to magic. There is a magic item that can be purchased from the main rulebook which makes any character (due to points, I believe it must be a Lord, but can't recall) into a caster. In a similar sense, there is no army in 40k with no access to psykers. You might have to take them as an ally, but they are there.

In Fantasy even if you can't cast magic, you can still use the dice generated from the magic phase to dispel any remains in play effects (think blessings and maledictions). So, this might be an indication of a move towards being able to dispel blessings/maledictions.

Making a full jump army competitive-ish would really make me want to build some Doom Eagles;(

Well, it would be scouts plus jumpers and then stormtalons.  That's the dream, but alas, the rules suck, so I'm not going to spend the dough on it.

The main rulebook isn't likely to override the codex entries that say "bulky" etc...  

ironically i somehow ended up with 10 Chaos Blood Letters for no apparent reason, and could now use them if I was so inclined.  But thats probably just too wierd for my blood unless its my Chaos Space marine  army doing it