Rumors of 7th Ed

JMGraham

GW needs to simplify their checklist of what people have to agree to. They should put together a list for 7th edition and say, these are the default settings. If you want to house rule anything or include crazy stuff like superheavies and AV 15 buildings then you need mutual agreement. I know this can be done at a local level but that's a scattershot approach. Shoot you could even have multiple default lists, Newb, Basic (best for tournaments), Narrative, etc. Maybe we should put together such checklists as a community when 7th drops in a month.

Right now at the end of 6th the setup is taking longer and longer, which I don't think is good for the game. It makes tournaments and PUGs more cumbersome. Granularity is fine and dandy but too much and you run into really slow and tedious mechanics. I'm a believer in option but the core of the game should be as simple and elegant as possible so you can have a fast paced encounter. I don't mean dumbed down and oversimplified, like the 4th ed CSM book for example, I mean a streamlined and well planned set of systems.

PS, BBF = The notorious Black Blow Fly.

• Like 1