Rumors of 7th Ed

JMGraham

well I will enjoy the challenge of learning tactica.  Thats kinda what I enjoy aboutthe game is figuring out the puzzle of ways to get this there by that time so that this or that can happen and the thing over there will explode just so...

and then theres the Plan B mechanations and how to figure your way out of bad situations.  All gonna' be new.  will terrain be better dealt with?  so on.

MAN, and whoever did the Fantasy 8E book...DO THIS ONE.  Even though they really flubbed on some of the Fantasy rules and KILLED Fantasy in my area, the layout of that book is just gorgeous and so many good pics for examples and....  I mean its really a work of art even though i didn't like the rules as much.

gah, I really want to see this new Matrix and find out if any of my armies are boned!

It is best to assume they all are if you relied on Allies :)

Brilliant strategy...encourage allies...people buy partial allies.  Deny allies, now people need to fill out those partial armies to make them playable :)

• Like 1

It is best to assume they all are if you relied on Allies :)

Brilliant strategy...encourage allies...people buy partial allies.  Deny allies, now people need to fill out those partial armies to make them playable :)

I don't know why'd you would assume that... Allies are certainly still a thing. If by "relied on" you mean, "like and use Allies a lot and have armies built from the ground up with them in mind"

Sorry, was trying to be tongue in cheek, not  caustic.

But assuming the worst at first can often make things better once released :)

From the snippets we've seen, Tau and Space Marines are no longer buddies...which to me makes sense.

Other armies ...who knows.

• Like 1

Sorry, was trying to be tongue in cheek, not  caustic.

But assuming the worst at first can often make things better once released :)

From the snippets we've seen, Tau and Space Marines are no longer buddies...which to me makes sense.

Other armies ...who knows.

Bummer..my Tau/SM army never made it off the shelf,its only half assembled anyway heh.

These decisions aren't happening in a vacuum.  Look at 40k compared to other scifi mini games.  What can GW bring to the table that other companies can't?  Crazy big models to support "mini-apocalypse" types of games.  We all agree there are better skirmish level games out there, so they are altering their game to create a niche that only they can fill.  Not a bad idea really.  Seems like a similar move to what they did with Fantasy to me...

• Like 3

Well...  Unbound armies certainly are at a disadvantage here.  You can Eldar Jetbke in turn 5 all you want but you're not taking that objective from a Battle Forged force.  They have to obliterate the objective defenders, while the Battle Forged company can deny Unbound armies with a Rhino (well it seems so since a Rhino can now BE a troops choice apparently).

I'd say that's a big hairy deal.  so long as most missions remain objective focused, it's going to be an up hill fight for the Unbound army to claim things.  

Naturally, that means when faced with a Battle Forged force its no different than playing now.  So good.

When facing Unbound, you can focus on troops and once their troops are too low to take more objectives than you can, you can ignore them as targets of necessity.  

That creates some pretty interesting strategy's.  I think the idea of an Unbound army is kinda dumb, but I'm definitely seeing why a Battle Forged army might have some serious advantages here.  Some people are focusing, i notice, on the destructive power that an Unbound army can field and rightly so.  But does it matter if they cant take an objective?  maaaaaybe not.  I guess the wise Unbound General will not undervalue his number of troops even if he lets their quality slip.  Seems like an unbound player could hardly afford to go with less than 6 troops choices.

I dunno.  This is a lot to absorb and anticipate from.  If I was Unbound with lets say Tau.  All the Broadsides I can field, Lets say around 250 when its all kitt'd out.  That's 8ish units of them right?  24 Broadsides.  None of them scoring.  None of them contest.  Heck now that I think about it...

Unbound vs. Unbound would be even worse because then No one on either side could contest!

the big IF here is:  are missions going to be primarily objective based...  or will they get silly and allow KP missions?  Will TO's?  That's a big question.

• Like 2