Rumors of 7th Ed

JMGraham

I'm thrilled about the new rules. 2 years between rule changes is ruff, but most people dont hold a smart phone that long or a gaming console. Think about how much bouncing from one console to the next gen costs a person, shelving your games and starting over.

I will still be able to use all or most of my models. Now my army is not a comp army, so I dont need the biggest shiny out there to play. That makes the game much cheaper for me, and I got lucky, land raiders got a bump with the new rules. My army is space marines without allies making me a weak comp player, but every rule with the exception of jink and FMC helped me out.

Thanks GW

TW Haines

• Like 1

So I've had my head buried so deep into school that I have been out of the loop on this new edition stuff. 

I suppose it is my niavete showing, but it never ceases to amazing me how much negativity is involved in change. Charges of malicious wrongdoing, declarations of how the company doesn't care for its player base, and in the past many threats (by people who did and didnt) to leave the game for good this time. I see it in any game format that has a wide following and is subject to revisions (WoW comes to mind). People just hate change, but people also adapt and find ways to use the changes to their own benefit while getting anxious about how others might find better exploits.

I realize we gamers are a competative bunch, but change isn't bad, and particuarly this change seems a really good thing to me. It really does open the door to allow folks to play as they wish, and it forces conversations on what you want to use and do not want to use. Talking to other gamers about your game is good. Games, at their root are social interactions. Whats not to like?

I will also concede that I have not played ten games of 40K since I entered school, so my investment in 6th was very shallow. I don't have the attachment others do so I am free to snub the rest of you poor complainers and rise above into the clouds... with diamonds...

• Like 3

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

James, I'm not sure where you are coming from this thread has been extremely positive. I'm not sure if your comment was just a generalization about resistance to change. We are hard wired to resist change it is a biological directive, I always find it funny. Hard to be beat our biology.

To thomas, you bring up good analogies comparing consoles and smartphones to edition changes. Personally I what is more align with 40k is comparing it to a sport. Where minor changes (faqs) are cool revamps are hard. You train something that is frankly more complex than a video game and takes longer to master. When I got to twice a month 2 years wouldn't bother me, now I play every other month 2 years is too soon.

I'm more a couch general and spend most of my hobby time imagining games, I'm stoked for this new edition and can't wait to see the while package. I just hope this lasts longer, I'm glad and think it is rugby move to just do edition change coven all these changes.

I'm holding my tongue, and yes change is always resisted. Overall this thread has been very interested, rather than whining. 

The thing I don't like is what has already happened, this shift to GIANT models. What happened to my 'miniatures' game. For 'squad' based battles, seeing titans is silly.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I am with you dark and I'm hoping the two focs will help keep that separate.

I like 2k and prefer to play most games without big guns. I like super heavies, I have a handful, but I prefer them in apoc, not normal games. exception I live the new knights and am all for then in regular play.

i'm happy about the new version…as I seem to have taken to long to learn 6th…and didn't buy that ed. book lol.  7th puts me back at square one yes… but not as far back as I was from the rest of you regular players :D

-d

• Like 2

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Im with von. I struggle finding location of rules from e-ditions. I'm more spacial aware. I recall rules more based on this, so I just don't have a feel for this on electronic items. Though the bookmark and note taking options help with ebooks.

Well for me it comes down to.....I have gray hair and like paper books. Working on getting all my street cred as a grumpy ol man...........Hay kids get off my lawn.

Have fun everyone cant wait for the books to be in stores. (So old I dont use the internet to buy stuff).

TW_Haines

• Like 2