Rumors of 7th Ed

JMGraham

Those new Tyranid psychic powers look freakin awe.... never mind. I will go back to my hole and cry.   It will be interesting to see if the LD test is no longer needed, and how Shadows of the Warp will interact with the new psychic phase.

I think you'll end up liking what you have.  Now you get the primaris power PLUS something else, even with Level 1.  Also, I'm positive you'll get an affinity for those powers so it'll be a +1 to successes.  Meaning you'll only need 3 to cast most of the powers.  Should add up to a very potent psychic phase.  

• Like 1

I think you'll end up liking what you have.  Now you get the primaris power PLUS something else, even with Level 1.  Also, I'm positive you'll get an affinity for those powers so it'll be a +1 to successes.  Meaning you'll only need 3 to cast most of the powers.  Should add up to a very potent psychic phase.  

Where did you get the affinity thing from?

I'd agree that an affinity for certain disciplines for certain psykers would be awesome, but I haven't read anything about that.

I'm not sure, all the threads I'm in have spun out tons of pages, but I remember that being a thing a while back.  Thoughts are that most races with their own powers will get it.  So Tzeentch Daemons will get affinity for Tzeentch powers and so on and so forth.  Makes the main book powers less appealing.  Again, I feel that they are trying to push diversified psychic powers.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the posts, Pretre!

Hmm. Sanctic Daemonology is pretty awesome.

Pyrokinesis still a mixed bag.

Telekinesis a little better.

Telepathy not bad, though Puppet Master is gone.

Malefic Daemonology. "Yo Dawg. I heard you like daemons, so I..."

Biomancy is just flat modifiers now, which is nice.

Divination got the expected tweaks.

Force is amusing. :-)

Dunno. Some big changes in some places, not so much in others. They really want to play up the "Psykers are gateways for daemons" with the new Malefic rules. WHich is cool, don't get me wrong, but if I've already got a horde army of the things, do I really want to track more? Though I guess allying in some Chaos could help there...

Ugh. So many "Str 4 ap5" powers though. When have those ever been cool or attractive?

I'm really curious now though to see what happens to the Codex-specific powers, like Daemons, Chaos, and Eldar.

Seems to be a confirmation in there that Overwatch is still BS 1 (Foreboding). 

I like psychic powers, but I feel like the "weapon" ones are just a waste. It's just another gun profile. I like the powers that do something extraordinary, like Gate of Infinity or Dominate. Why have a psychic power, and now a whole psychic phase, that is just another shooting phase? 

Seems to be a confirmation in there that Overwatch is still BS 1 (Foreboding). 

Phooey.  Now it remains to be seen if the rumor about FMCs needing to spend a turn on the ground before assaulting is true.  If it isn't true, FMCs got MAJORLY buffed.  

The LD of -3 for shadows in the warp will come into play if the psyker ends up taking a perils of the warp check. From the list I saw (if legit) most of them state "Take a LD test and if failed....." something bad happens. If you pass then you only take a wound with no save possible.

I'm hoping that Shadows in the Warp will cause a Perils on enemy units on ALL doubles, not just double 6's. Or perhaps all double 5's and 6's. All doubles might be too powerful, but then again, no one is forcing the opponent to roll 8 dice for their powers.