New 40K Start box Split Thread

Brother Glacius

1 minute ago, Andrewgeddon said:

I'll be buying local.

Oh me too! (I was just citing the standard amazon discount) Dice Age gives a 15% off discount if you buy $200 or more. Sales tax is a thing, but it's still a deal. I'm willing to do the buying, and get money from a Necron player. I just want to pay less for my toys! I'm willing to work with people to do a big order with Roy and Lisa, so we get the discount.

• Like 2

I’m not interested in either set of miniatures, but if any of you end up with an extra rulebook*, I’d be interesting in buying it off you.

* Assuming they keep to the last several editions’ practice of including a complete rulebook in the set.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blackvigil said:

Oh me too! (I was just citing the standard amazon discount) Dice Age gives a 15% off discount if you buy $200 or more. Sales tax is a thing, but it's still a deal. I'm willing to do the buying, and get money from a Necron player. I just want to pay less for my toys! I'm willing to work with people to do a big order with Roy and Lisa, so we get the discount.

Sorry, didn't mean for my response to sound rude if it came across that way! For some reason I always misremember that the discount is 10% for over $200 (so like a 2% discount after tax), instead of the actual 15%, heh. Definitely down to figure something out though!

• Like 1

After seeing the contents, I am 100% getting a box. I want the rule book and the Marines. Looking for a Necron player to team up with me. Since I want the rules, I'll pay a little extra. I could probably be convinced to buy 2, and let someone else take a copy of the rules as well as the Necrons. 

Since I'll be buying it at Dice Age in Vancouver, I'd like to partner up with someone willing to meet me there. Who wants in? 

• 3 weeks later...

Fæit212 is reporting a $199 USD retail price for the Indomitus box, $65 USD for the standalone rulebook, and $40 USD for the Grand a Tournament 2020 pack (missions and updated Matched Play point values).

Rumors should always be taken with a grain of salt, but Fæit212 is almost always spot-on with their pricing rumors.

I’m pleasantly surprised, $200 seems like a helluva deal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

I am willing to split a box or trade a box. I am looking at those tasty Necrons since I am making Orks a Count as Primaris Army.

If I get a box I will trade the necrons for marine stuff.  If nobody wants to trade I will just start a Necron army, hehe.

3 minutes ago, Mulgrok said:

If I get a box I will trade the necrons for marine stuff.  If nobody wants to trade I will just start a Necron army, hehe.

That sounds fair. I don't get paid until next Friday so we will have to see. Might wait a bit longer but I might miss out. Still I am looking at all of this likely at the end of the month

On 7/9/2020 at 8:59 AM, Ish said:

We need @Hodor to work his spreadsheet magic like he did with Necromunda: Dark Uprising...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gT1ysV4JzgXJ7tCSnJW5HDILeI_0gGd7z8Dtbxlq1RQ/edit?usp=sharing

I'm not planning to split this, but per Ish's request here is something to work with.  The only solid price that I know of is the Rulebook (with a different cover) selling for $65.  It pushes the price down for everything else quite low.  I leave it to individual groups to discuss what to do about that (It is available on Ebay for $37...) 

This also does not account for shipping, sales tax, and/or the extras that GW is providing for ordering direct.  

• Thanks 1

$110!? Are you sure that was the standard book and not the limited number, gilt-edged, collector’s edition?

Mythicos is showing a $65.00 MSRP for the core rulebook, $199.00 MSRP for the Indomitus box, and $40.00 MSRP for the Chapter Approved books... all of which lines up with the prices Fæit212 “leaked” a week or so back.

I’m not saying you’re lying or anything, I’m just thinking you made a mistake...