Games

On 2/28/2021 at 3:23 AM, Orson said:

So, it's been a while. I wonder if there's anyone that'd be interested in a match, be it 9th age, Armies Project, or an edition of Fantasy. Or Age of Fantasy Regiments.

Look, I just want some games. 

Definitely wanting to see 9th Age games happening again, but unfortunately I don't think there are many / any gaming spaces open for play right now. Hopefully things will start opening up once vaccine distribution catches up with the demand. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ish said:

There's a few of us itching to try Oathmark once the plague lockdown lifts.

That'd give an incentive to paint my RH dark elves.

35 minutes ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Definitely wanting to see 9th Age games happening again, but unfortunately I don't think there are many / any gaming spaces open for play right now. Hopefully things will start opening up once vaccine distribution catches up with the demand. 

Here's hoping.

• 3 months later...
On 7/2/2021 at 9:15 AM, Fixxer said:

I want to play WHFB 6th and 8th (End Times) editions of the game. 

I have Skaven and WoC to play with if anyone is looking to play either of those editions.  

WOOT. 

I'd be down for it with my Empire. 

It all depends on location though, I'm south of Portland.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 9:15 AM, Fixxer said:

I want to play WHFB 6th and 8th (End Times) editions of the game. 

I have Skaven and WoC to play with if anyone is looking to play either of those editions.  

WOOT. 

You know, I have a dwarf army on a cookie sheet that's been collecting dust for a lot of years.

Rumor has it they actually hate Skaven and love crushing their skulls.

• Like 3

Yeah, my WHFB armies that I have left Skaven and WoC are missing the table big time. I cant do T9A or any of these other house brews. I want good old 8th edition if Im being honest. So thats what I'm gonna play.

I'll entertain playing 6th or 7th too.. I mean, why not? 8th really is the best version of the game if you're asking me. Mass infantry (steadfast/step up) for the win. Makes so many units actually playable. 

Anyway. I can host at my place in Salmon Creek, WA if anyone wants to plan ahead. Weekends are good for me. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 7/6/2021 at 1:28 PM, Fixxer said:

Yeah, my WHFB armies that I have left Skaven and WoC are missing the table big time. I cant do T9A or any of these other house brews. I want good old 8th edition if Im being honest. So thats what I'm gonna play.

I'll entertain playing 6th or 7th too.. I mean, why not? 8th really is the best version of the game if you're asking me. Mass infantry (steadfast/step up) for the win. Makes so many units actually playable. 

Anyway. I can host at my place in Salmon Creek, WA if anyone wants to plan ahead. Weekends are good for me. 

So i know you posted this a while but are you still interested in playing the Fantasy battles? if you are I am totally down.  and live in Hazel dell

• 3 weeks later...

I pulled my 5th edition rules out and was fondly remembering those games (my real starter edition to WFB). I really enjoyed the magic system. Compared to the dice stacking you can do in later editions, the simple 2d6 for # of cards meant magic was there, but not overwhelmingly so. Of course I could be looking at that with rose colored glasses. It was over 20 years ago.

But damn I miss those days of gaming. I also miss the discussions we'd have on the forums over the rules and such. Seems so odd, you'd think with this pandemic, that we would have more activity in the forums.

That said, feel free to ping me for any Old Edition Warhammer games. I'd be down.

• Like 1

I have been playing 7th ed core rules using only 6th ed army books, and I've been loving it. 6th ed army books are pretty balanced with each other and 7th ed core rules tighten up a few things from 6th. It's basically 6th edition with 5 wide ranks and more clear combat rules lol.

Anyone in Vancouver want to play some 6th ed Fantasy? I live in Orchards, and have two tables with fully painted terrain. Still working on getting my armies painted though. I don't mind driving for a game either.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

I pulled my 5th edition rules out and was fondly remembering those games (my real starter edition to WFB). I really enjoyed the magic system. Compared to the dice stacking you can do in later editions, the simple 2d6 for # of cards meant magic was there, but not overwhelmingly so. Of course I could be looking at that with rose colored glasses.

I've never played 5th edition, but I recently found an unpunched 5th ed Warhammer Magic set in my storage. Maybe I'll have to give that a try if I can track down the army books I need.

Let's do our best to revive the fantasy forums!

1 hour ago, Gorgosaurusrex said:

Let's do our best to revive the fantasy forums!

100% this! I'm hopefully going to start pouring myself into my various Fantasy projects soon, will do my best to post updates. I'm also getting a game in on Saturday, I'll try to grab some pics :)

I also have it on good authority that @TheBeninator attended a 30+ person 9th Age event in Davis, CA this last weekend. Rumors of Fantasy's demise are greatly exaggerated!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

I have to say I always felt a bit overwhelmed by the 8th edition rules, and 9thAge has the issue of being just as complicated, but now different terminology that has to be learned (ugh). Playing 6th ed armies over 7th ed rules seems fun.

For sure, I think everyone should play the rules that excite them the most. I loved 8th Ed. WHFB, and 9th Age (to me) seems like a better version of it. On the other side of the coin, I've looked over the 6th Ed. WHFB rules / army books and they just didn't spark anything in me, probably because I don't have any nostalgia tied to them (I started playing the beginning of 8th).

Regardless of system played, would love to see more activity in this forum :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

I have to say I always felt a bit overwhelmed by the 8th edition rules, and 9thAge has the issue of being just as complicated, but now different terminology that has to be learned (ugh). Playing 6th ed armies over 7th ed rules seems fun.

6 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

For sure, I think everyone should play the rules that excite them the most. I loved 8th Ed. WHFB, and 9th Age (to me) seems like a better version of it. On the other side of the coin, I've looked over the 6th Ed. WHFB rules / army books and they just didn't spark anything in me, probably because I don't have any nostalgia tied to them (I started playing the beginning of 8th).

Regardless of system played, would love to see more activity in this forum 🙂

*cough*Oathmark*cough*

On 10/7/2021 at 10:39 AM, Brother Glacius said:

It's a really fun way to play 7th ed without the power creep. The core rule changes from 6th to 7th were all good ones in my opinion. 4 wide ranks looks weird to me lol.

I agree on 9th age. I would rather play an old edition with the books I have rather than learn an entirely new system.

Was able to get a game of 9th Age in yesterday, after about a 5 month gap. Had a blast, Infernal Dwarves vs Beast Herds. Those Minotaur blocks are scary for sure, but I was able to get a pretty solid win.
cXwrN3O.jpg

HcaOuCg.jpg

WrQBjei.jpg

On 10/15/2021 at 9:22 AM, Damunky said:

So im down to play just about anything im mostly interested in Warhammer armies project. its like a mix of 6-8 trying to take all the best parts of each. @Gorgosaurusrex Im also in the vancouver area just hit me up and we can plan a game of something

I'm in Vancouver as well, would be down for some 9th Age in at Dice Age one of these weekends, or if you have a table I'm happy to travel. I'd offer to host, but my kid has a habit of stealing dice, lol.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Was able to get a game of 9th Age in yesterday, after about a 5 month gap. Had a blast, Infernal Dwarves vs Beast Herds. Those Minotaur blocks are scary for sure, but I was able to get a pretty solid win.
cXwrN3O.jpg

HcaOuCg.jpg

WrQBjei.jpg

I'm in Vancouver as well, would be down for some 9th Age in at Dice Age one of these weekends, or if you have a table I'm happy to travel. I'd offer to host, but my kid has a habit of stealing dice, lol.

I dont have a table to host but dice age works for me. I havent played 9th age yet so I might get wreaked first game out but im down to give it a go

43 minutes ago, Damunky said:

I dont have a table to host but dice age works for me. I havent played 9th age yet so I might get wreaked first game out but im down to give it a go

Sounds good! I'm busy the next two weekends with Halloween stuff for the little one, but if you want to make tentative plans for maybe the 6th or the 7th?

I'm happy to play whatever points level, we can certainly do a lower points game for an intro game 🙂