Next: Dark Eldar

Fix

Only for the champion, not for the whole Squad like they used to have.

That is one big concern with the new codex. The other big change, grenade-wise, is that the non-wych units can no longer obtain assault grenades via the phastasm grenade launcher, as that now does something else.

It has been a long standing tradition to give grenades to units which have little use for them and none for units which desperately need them.

IG heavy weapon teams? Frag out!

Howling banshees? A fist full of nothing

I'm not sure the howling banshees need frag grenades...You can still obtain them via an autarch if you really need them.

As is, if I, the eldar player, can convince my opponent to sit in cover and strike simotaneously with me, while at -5 WS and with less attacks, it is preferable to getting charged and having higher base initiative. If they had frag grenades, they'd never get any charges as opponents would make a point to always initiate the assaults.

I'm not sure the howling banshees need frag grenades...You can still obtain them via an autarch if you really need them.

As is, if I, the eldar player, can convince my opponent to sit in cover and strike simotaneously with me, while at -5 WS and with less attacks, it is preferable to getting charged and having higher base initiative. If they had frag grenades, they'd never get any charges as opponents would make a point to always initiate the assaults.

The autarch would be the only one striking at I order...  I don't understand how you think that they would never get to charge.  

OK, I'm officially NOT worried about DE anymore.  

I don't think the dex is super potent or anything, but I guess my concerns about it sucking were overblown.  I knocked this thing together after a few distracted hours at work and I gotta admit there isn't a list I play that wouldn't be terrified to face this.  

Succubus:  165
  Armour of Misery, Archite Glaive, Blast Pistol, Haywire Grenade, 
  Webway Portal

5 Kabalite Warriors:  55 + 65
  Blaster
  Venom:  2x Splinter Cannons

Blaster

Blaster

Blaster

Blaster

19 Kabalite Trueborn:  269
  4 Blasters

5 Mandrakes:  60

5 Mandrakes:  60

5 Scourges:  120
  4 Haywire Blasters

4 Haywire Blasters

4 Haywire Blasters

Voidraven Bomber:  160

OK, so the "trick" of the list is simply the succubus joins the big trueborn squad (awesome that they can go to 20 strong now!) and uses the non scattering deep strike power of the WWP to show up and [big bad swear word] [big bad swear word] UP where needed.  Now, the big knock on DE is the inability to pop vehicles/transports early, and that remains an issue with this list.  There's almost 0 way to shore that up consistently.  5 single shot blasters (that can't even be in range of the enemy if going first without snap firing) and 8 haywire blaster shots ain't going to threaten any vehicle-heavy force (incidentally, 12 haywire shots should put about 6-7 HPs of damage in one round of shooting, provided they don't have cover).  Mechdar will just chuckle softly.  That's going to be their hard counter, and I really don't see a way around it in the dex.  Now, assuming they can hide at all decently and try and just survive until the flyers and the big unit show up, then they can start making some noise.  Until then.  HIDE!  

But, if the enemy has anything OUTSIDE of metal bawxes!?  THEY ARE GOING TO DIE.  6 venoms still kick out a ridiculous amount of wounds (4 wounds a piece before saves, so it takes 4 to 5 of them to kill a wraithknight) as well mandrakes are going to be dealing nice ranged damage and surviving counter fire provided it doesn't have ignores cover. 

There is just a lot there that can do a lot of damage and it is all dispersed among a bunch of units.  

Is this list going to start tearing up the tourney scene?  NO!  Is this list potent and should give you a decent shot?  Yes!  

Or, maybe this:  

Succubus:  165
  Armour of Misery, Archite Glaive, Blast Pistol, Haywire Grenade, 
  Webway Portal

Blaster

Blaster

Blaster