Shield Your Baals!

WestRider

I will update the post above as well

Newest infos regarding psychic powers and formations

Iuchiban - Warseer forum

Physic powers are:

Primaris: Blessing. +D3 to A and I to psyker or target character at 12"
1. Malediction. Target unit at 12" takes a Moral test with -2
2. Blessing. Target unit at 18" gets Rage. If they had already that rule, they get +1A instead
3. Blessing. Psyker and his unit get 5++
4. Focussed witch fire. Target makes 2 T tests. Take one W for each failed test. If targed dies, place 5" blast with S4 and AP5.
5. Beam.12" S8, AP1 Lance
6"Blessing. Targe infantry unit, moves 12" in the psychic phase. No charging after this movement.

Fast vehicles are:
Rhinos, Razorbacks and Baal Predators

Special rules for DC: FC, Fearless, Relentless, FnP, Rage. They cannot reroll to wound if chaplain in the unit. Only Astorath gives them this ability.

Detachment is nice:
Mandatory 1 HQ, 1 Elite, 2 Troops
Optional: as usual, but 3 additioanl Elite (Total 4)
Special rule: +1I when charging, all the army, any turn.

Iuchiban on Warseer

Mephiston has chaged a lot:
WS BS S T W I A L A
6 5 5 5 3 5 4 10 2+
Warlord trait: Adamantium will
Lvl 3
Special rules: FC, IC, Fleet, No Fear, Hypnotic Trance: Roll 2D6 if fighting in a challenge: If result is the L of the opponent or more, Mephiston hits on 2+.
Has one unique power: Blessing, he gets S10.

His sword is AP3

Cost: 175 !!!!! (That's goooooood)

Sanguinor pretty the same but: gets only 4++, re-rolls to hit and wound in challenges

Sanguinary Priests are HQ, 60 points and units he joins get +1WS and FnP. The are IC btw.

Ha ha oh wow BA are intensely bad with that stuff. Not only do they not have a Chapter Tactic the way regular SM do (FC is way, way worse than anything except the [big bad swear word]ty Raven Guard one), they get fewer units and worse characters. Their unique psychic powers are... okayish, but the Primaris is just a [big bad swear word]ty version of Warp Speed and none of the others are huge standouts, most especially because they're all fairly short-ranged.

No ASM for Troops is total bull[big bad swear word]. That was their whole schtick for a long, long time, and taking that away from them is ridiculous.

Death Company are pretty bad now. Before they were a real hammer unit, even if they didn't really have the survivability to match and relied heavily on getting the charge. I guess now they... are yet another entry in the "CC unit that is too slow to get into combat and too vulnerable to survive being shot and doesn't hit hard enough to make a difference" category, so good job on that I guess.

Sanguinary Priests eating up your HQ slots is pretty awful, as is limiting their effect to only the unit joined. Means that you can't really use them as anything but cheap token HQ units.

Mephiston is kinda a big derp. I mean, S10 is nice, and being able to join squads again is helpful, but his profile is WAY weaker and not really good enough for a combat character- I'm betting he still has no invuln, although I guess a 4++ or something is possible. His warlord trait and unique ability are both total garbage and an AP3 sword makes him a total joke against anything that matters. I mean, he loses fights to a Riptide for crying out loud.

Still looks better than Dark Angels :P

I would disagree; DA at least get some unique/useful stuff with Ravenwing and Deathwing. Not competitive, but at least useable- none of the BA stuff previewed so far is even vaguely decent.

Why does it seem like this is just a copy and paste of 3rd edition with different psycher rules and relics mixed in? Also isn't that something like 8 elite units??? That sounds utterly rediculous.

Edit: Sorry, looks like 9

Sanguinary Guard

Dreads

Furioso

Normal Dread

Death Company

Terminator

Assault Terminators

Vanguard Veterans

Sternguard

Death Company

Waaghschale from www.waaaghgaming.de has some more info bits. He is sharing them on a german forum atm

Gabriel Seth and Commander Dante are indeed Lords of War 

Then the relics, I am translating what Waaaghschale could see on a poor photo. So careful with these

BA Relics:
– Wings of Angels: Model gets jump infantry. He and his unit may re-roll scatter AND mishap table results. Intercepting units may only make snapshot when shooting at this unit.
– Crown of Angels: Model causes fear and the test must be made by -2 on moral check. 
– Gallian's Stave: +2S, AP4, Melee, Concussive, Force, Channeled Rolls: Re-roll 1s in psychic tests - although additional 1s do damage the bearer (hard to read) (unclear what it means)
– Blade of Courage: S Bearer, AP2, Melee
– Veritas Vitae: Bearer gets an additional warlord trait from Strategic Traits
– Fury of Baal: 12″, S7, AP2, Pistol, Mastercrafted, Plasma weapon but NO overheating/gets hot

Points for relics are up:

- One jump pack that allows the bearer and his unit re-roll when DS and when other units Intercept -> Snapshots. (25)
- Gives Fear, and fear tests are done with -2 L (10)
- One item that gives an additional warlord trait strategic table. (15)
- One physic weapon +2S, AP4, bearar may re-roll 1 in the psychic phase. If rellod die is a 1, bearer takes one wound. No saves allowed. (10)
- One Master-crafted plasma pistol, that does not get hot. (25)
- One AP2 power sword. (25)

Iuchiban on Warseer

1. Does Mephiston have access to anything that makes him move faster than 6" in movement phase, e.g. Jump pack or Psychic abilitiy like "Wings of Sanguinius".
2. Sanginor, is he an IC?

1. No.
2. No.

Can you confirm if Dante still unlocks Sanguinary Guard as troops?

No, he does not unlock SG as tropos. BTW I haven't seen any FoC unlocking in the codex. Not even the command squad, which is Elite now.

The detachment mentioned before may be attractive enough with I+1.
Especially if it is not only during the first assault turn (but it probably is).

The Detachment is very nice. As I said before, the I bonus is for the whole army and works every turn.

Is a Sword/Axe Encarmine still a mastercrafted weapon?

Yes. Btw, the max unit size is now 10. 33 points per model.

Everything about this seems bad and wrong.

No assault Marines as troops?

No Death company as troops?

No DC Dread as troops?

No Fast Preds?

No Fast vindi?

No Assault Marine/DC land Raiders?

EVERYTHING I OWN INTO THE FAST OR ELITE SLOT?

Seriously. These Have to be wrong.  I have thousands of points of painted BA, and if this were correct, then i could not field a CAD.  Blood angels are for people who think Tac Marines are bitches, and scouts are sissy, and want to go fast and use assault marines. 

• Like 1

Everything about this seems bad and wrong.

No assault Marines as troops?

No Death company as troops?

No DC Dread as troops?

No Fast Preds?

No Fast vindi?

No Assault Marine/DC land Raiders?

EVERYTHING I OWN INTO THE FAST OR ELITE SLOT?

Seriously. These Have to be wrong.  I have thousands of points of painted BA, and if this were correct, then i could not field a CAD.  Blood angels are for people who think Tac Marines are bitches, and scouts are sissy, and want to go fast and use assault marines. 

And whenever I suggest that BA should have just got put in the SM codex, I get frowns, but when GW finally puts together a BA codex, getting rolled into the SM seems kind...

And whenever I suggest that BA should have just got put in the SM codex, I get frowns, but when GW finally puts together a BA codex, getting rolled into the SM seems kind...

And you sound just about as dumb as GW when you keep saying it.

I don't want a freaking formation, or data slate.  

If this is true, i am going to get the designer's personal email/phone...

I don't play BA's, so make of this what you will.

From my perspective, GW is "de-Warding" the book, for lack of a better term.

When the last BA book came out, BA's were redfined radically. Many of the units now being changed were of great controversy. AV13 battle tanks as Fast Attack? Dreads as Troops? Death Company (not units that are simply on hand for just any battle the BA's engage in, much less available en-masse) as troops? Why were they suddenly the best armored battlegroups amongst the Astartes and overflowing with potentially huge numbers of insane Marines, and why are they putting them in gigantic battle robots?

Given the way the other Marine books released in the last two years have turned out, the changes to most of these units shouldn't come as any surprise at all.

Additionally, while the removal of assault marines as Troops units is somewhat surprising (given that it was the primary gameplay differentiator), from a fluff perspective it's understandable, the BA's are a codex-adherent chapter, they don't have great masses of Assault Marines, they don't have the almost sub-chapter-ish formations like DA have in the Deathwing and Ravenwing. They are simply a largely codex chapter with a preference for, and great skill at, close combat, but ultimately still built around the same organization and unit ratios that chapters like the Ultramarines are.

It sucks for the people who built armies around these FoC peculiarities, but (at least to me), it looks like GW is bringing them back more to their 2E "Angels of Death" roots and removing the crazier elements of the previous codex (as they've been doing with each marine codex), perhaps tossing out some of the baby with the bathwater, but bringing the FoC more inline with their actual organization.