What's Still Left That Needs 2-Detachment Limits?

WestRider

I have faith that SOB will receive support some day; I just don't believe that that day will come any year soon.

Yeah, maybe. I hope they do, I simply guessed within the year. Lately, GW seems to be like: Senior Sales Manager- "Hey guys, those products that aren't selling well, make that [big bad swear word] sell." Employee- "Sir, do we care about balance?" Senior Sales Manager- "Not really, just make that [big bad swear word] hot. Oh, and come up with some new ideas on how we can sell models that we already produce." lol

I've never been convinced that GW makes game decisions based off sales. If they did, new models would work a lot better, but there are plenty of examples of that not being true.

Not saying it's they've been that way during their entire history, I'm only saying recently it seems to be the case.

Not saying it's they've been that way during their entire history, I'm only saying recently it seems to be the case.

Recently? How about those awesome new tyranids that were lackluster? One was pretty good, one was not so good and one was meh. Or the new BA tactical squad. Tactical... squad... for BA. Beautiful, but really? I don't think business decisions and rules have anything to do with each other.

I can almost guarantee GeeDub completely change the way Sisters work and that it will drop right before June. Why? Because I'll have put a bunch of work into them for OFCC and the new codec cut-off is June;)

lol this is the best argument for a May SOB release that I've heard.

• Like 2

Recently? How about those awesome new tyranids that were lackluster? One was pretty good, one was not so good and one was meh. Or the new BA tactical squad. Tactical... squad... for BA. Beautiful, but really? I don't think business decisions and rules have anything to do with each other.

I'm specifically talking about things like Imperial Knights, Harlequins, Crons, Supplements, formations, ect. :)

Right, I get that. Some of their new things are cool and powerful; not all of them are. I provided two counterpoints. What is more likely than 'new stuff is more powerful to sell more new stuff' is 'new rules for new models are created by some sort of arcane process divorced from reality and may randomly be more powerful or less powerful based on the phase of the moon at the time they were written'.

• Like 3

Right, I get that. Some of their new things are cool and powerful; not all of them are. I provided two counterpoints. What is more likely than 'new stuff is more powerful to sell more new stuff' is 'new rules for new models are created by some sort of arcane process divorced from reality and may randomly be more powerful or less powerful based on the phase of the moon at the time they were written'.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I do like the changes though, overall.

Since it was suggested I bump this out into its own thread:

I've been kind of thinking about this since the Necron Codex was released, and Annihilation Barges and Night Scythes got nerfed. At this point, what's really left that's broken when spammable, and primarily limited by FOC slots rather than Points cost? What of that is more problematic than the stuff you can take in an ITC-style 2-Detachment list as it stands, like 5 Flyrants or 5 Riptides?

Is there a solid reason for this restriction to be a standard anymore?

So to bring it on home, my answer is we should keep it to, two to three detachments. 

• Like 1

So on the actual topic I do feel like inquisition needs to be allowed three but we don't want to allow everybody three... What if your Warlord is an inquisitor inquisition does not count against your source limit?

This is also interesting. I feel like could be the case for Harlequins, Inquisition, Militarum Tempestus and Officio Assassinorum.  :smile: