The Age of Sigmar begins...

Wow, I'm sorry. I thought the figs would have been somewhere close to the current fantasy ones so that there could be cross use. I don't see how in the world this can phase into a square base game. Welcome to Sigmar 40K.

I'm sure you can find a square base that will fit the new models.

That's a good thing. :)

Yes and not completely my thing. If that was the look of the leader and maybe an elite squad then yes, but the whole army just looks "meh" especially the winged soldiers. And that is not a Griffin as mentioned before. They may call it one but it is something else.

Some are going to love them, I know, but it is not my style. Just my opinion which shouldn't sway anyone else's opinion.

• Like 1

Wow, I'm sorry. I thought the figs would have been somewhere close to the current fantasy ones so that there could be cross use. I don't see how in the world this can phase into a square base game. Welcome to Sigmar 40K.

Well..look at the bright side,maybe we will finally get a melee focused version of 40k:)

Wow. Here is a list of the supposed cancelled lines from GW and their recall list. Take it with a pinch of salt but looks like a major reboot here.

http://www.spikeybits.com/2015/06/discontinued-warhammer-fantasy-minature-list.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SpikeyBitsFeed+%28Spikey+Bits+Original%29&utm_content=FaceBook

Im with NTK that this is not 9th ed. 

My thought is that they will introduce a larger scale version of their new system to allow for a more elaborate and complex game that takes the 2.5-3 hours to play like we are used to.

AoS looks to be a skirmish game that maybe takes an hour to complete. This will be a great starting point for incorporating a larger rule set as time goes on, its actually a more feasible business model in the long term, IMO. They needed a distinction between point values in games to make it appropriate to play exclusively at a lower point level while not taking away from the depth of the larger game. When they are called two different things, you cant say that. You'd hear folks say "Warhammer at 1000pts is NOT Warhammer." Now you can say,  "playing AoS"  

Warhammer did not scale well and low point cost tournaments were rare and full of players with larger forces anyway. Having support of events and tournaments for a specified lower point value, all the time, will keep a pooled player base in AoS. This will, hopefully, gradually graduate players to the higher level more consistently than people taking a $400 plunge all at once. 

Also, in the smaller skirmish level you see people collect more diverse kits. You will need 1000pts to play it, then you'll have 1000pts of a broader array of products keeping the sales more consistent across. In WH you almost have to dedicate yourself to a race or two, thats all you buy. I can imagine some people having a small force of everything for AoS and that means sales across the entire line. Id like to be able to dabble in undead or Lizards and in AoS I wont need much to give them a shot and see if I would go any further. 

From some of the pics of mixed bases it seems that AoS forces can be added to a larger WH force to complete an entire army. This is why we have been seeing imagery of mixed bases with Lizards and Skaven for example. **Hopefully!!

Ive been on the GW ride with WHFB for a long time and will continue my journey. Its the only game I play with dice and tape and is wholly due to nostalgia, good friends, and an appreciation for the dark creativity of their (GW) ways. Call me what you want, I appreciate a little mystery in life especially in something as fickle as a game I play in my fun times. Ive seen a lot of horribly negative posts all over the internet about this. Its really something. A telling social experiment of the ability to be patient, trust, and keep a positive mindset, no matter what.  A lot of negative nancys.   :smile:  

Sigmarites are ugly, hope to slay many in the future.  

• Like 6

If the rules for AoS end up being really fun, I will make my own war troop.   Because beaten down, war-hardened empire vets holding up wooden shields and blacksmith's hammers speak truer to the races of men than steel-clad statues.   No matter how many dimensions they have traveled through.

The game is what you make of it.

• Like 7

If the rules for AoS end up being really fun, I will make my own war troop.   Because beaten down, war-hardened empire vets holding up wooden shields and blacksmith's hammers speak truer to the races of men than steel-clad statues.   No matter how many dimensions they have traveled through.

The game is what you make of it.

Quoted for Truth!

I'm having trouble figuring out how GW is going to get people into fantasy with this game, and then somehow get them to a square based WFB style. I mean if you get AoS, you'll want to keep using those figs. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If GW is really wants to turn fantasy into Sigmar 40K, then why leave the square based stuff out there. My only guess at this point is GW is going to wait and see how well AoS is received. If it bombs..they go back to square...if it does well, then they stick with the skirmish game.