2016 - gamer resolutions

Torg

Well the end of the year is on us - and a new year before us - how did things go and what do you want out of the next 12 months as a gamer?

Myself ...

In 2015 I wanted to play more games - different games and try to get myself into better gamer shape by playing more games.  I built a wargaming table to allow me to host games - and to teach some games to my son and other interested parties.  My son and I did get a couple games of 40k in - along with a few Infinity and Dark-Age trials.  So I would say that was at minimum a success.  Later in the year I had family stuff take over my time - so I have slacked off since the end of the summer.  I also had some other projects non-gamer related that fell off my radar.  

Looking at 2016 - top 4 thoughts to keep it concise...

1) Back to gamer focus - I had to drop from my RPG group mid summer - I want to get back into an RPG groove by mid spring.  I also want to get back into my mini-game hobby full force - so hoping to get back on a normal game night schedule early in the year.

2) While it's still winter - I want to finish up my inside projects that fell of the radar by spring time.

3) Last year I started thinking about lowering stress and getting out more - that worked through mid summer - I need to get back on that healthy wagon lol.

4) I picked up all the new harlequin stuff last year when it came out - but I have yet to play with the new rules or even a new harlequin army since it dropped.  My intention is to have a Harlequin themed army put together and painted fully for OFCC this year.  (gunna be a stretch - but maybe I can do it).

-d

• Like 5

2016 Resolutions:

1. Keep painting area clear and only work on a single project at a time. I tend to have hobby ADD and have many different things scattered everywhere and it is a mess. I think it also saps some of my will to work on anything
  2. Play more games. This year I felt that I really dropped off the earth in terms of every game other than BLOOD BOWL. I am hoping we can get some more leagues and events going in the club for other games (especially on Tuesday game nights).
  3. Finish up some Projects. These include a couple BB teams, Haqq for Infinity, and maybe in my Sisters.
  • Like 6

You know, most of my resolutions don't have anything to do with gaming but have a lot to do with the aspects of life that are getting in the way of gaming...

For gaming-specific resolutions I guess they would be:

1. Attend one convention/event this year - the way it is looking I may not manage this although I would like to make it to GameStorm down in Vancouver in March.

2. Clean out the last of my Warhammer and Warmachine models - neither game is doing anything for me these days and I need to admit that, make a clean break and move on.

3. Find a new miniatures game that I *can* enjoy and get into small (maybe an escalation) so I can do some modeling and painting and get in a game every two weeks (or maybe just take up modeling without the gaming as a hobby)...

That reminds me… I need to finish off my partly painted Infinity factions (PanO, USAriadna, and Nomads).  I also need to finish off my Dark-Age factions… CORE and Outcasts.

Game table - yes… Now that I have 2 sets of MDF terrain put together - I need to paint and build a special 4x4 table for Infinity and Dark-age.

-d

• Like 1