Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Thought it was a bit better than 5/10, maybe a high 6 or low 7. Again, Cena (like Trainwreck) stole the movie for me.

Don't get me wrong Cena was awesome but the plot was lame. I laughed at the snl guy who played scar face more than anything.

Daddy's home was a 7/10, definitely no other guys which is a 10/10 for me.

I just finished Jack Reacher after reading two of his books. 7/10. But the bad military guy would have been a better teacher than cruse. Teacher is 6'3" Cruse is like 5'7" and with camera angles they got him to 5'10" at best.

Dynamite Warrior 4/5

Film from Thailand, I believe it was.  Opening sequence has the titular character riding into battle on a Firework/Rocket.  Nothing epic, but a fun action Monk find the people who killed my parents flick.  I think it has dubbed and subbed versions, I watched the subbed.  A lil bit of blood, and quite a bit of virgin menstrual blood.  

Almost forgot: Finally got around to seeing The Martian. Great flick, but I actually did end up liking the book better. Nothing wrong with the movie, I just really liked getting all the infodumps and all the details about the problems he was running into and his solutions. And obviously, those couldn't have been brought into the movie without making it like 19 hours long.

• Like 1

I get the feeling you are completely unfamiliar with the source material.  Completely.

And that means that I can't have an opinion on the film? And, the rating of a film should be based on what is actually in the film, not outside material. I shouldn't need to read comic or a book to understand a film.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

And that means that I can't have an opinion on the film? And, the rating of a film should be based on what is actually in the film, not outside material. I shouldn't need to read comic or a book to understand a film.

If a film is based on a outside material it is usually better for it to be true to it for the fans. Which this was. Your choice to get familiar but yeah you are not the target audience, so yeah your opinion falls short.

You can have it but generally the target audience when it is a fan flick is probably sought after more.

Studio cares for opinion, director/fans don't :p. But to then again since you stole a viewing I am sure the studio could careless.

Yes the rating was correctly R. Gore and viewings of Human insides along gratuitous sex scenes tend to make a film R. To be true to the source material it needed to be R.

• Like 4

I absolutely agree that you are entitled to an opinion about the film.  I'd disagree, however, that the rating for the movie should be based on what is in the film.  Every viewer is going to bring their personal knowledge to every movie they watch and that is going to color their review.  Interstellar is a 1/5 for me because I find the writing to be crap.  I posted about it here when the movie came out and I very carefully mentioned that my rating was because I knew enough to see the writing as crap.

Your opinion about anything is your and it is something that you are entitled to but for that opinion to matter in any way to other human beings you have to be willing to place your own opinion in context so people can determine whether they have any likelihood of agreeing with your viewpoint.  Put another way...  The best review I can get of a Sci-Fi movie is to see that the Seattle Times reviewer did *not* like it because he and I are polar opposites when it comes to opinions about Sci-Fi movies.  Doesn't make him right or wrong, just means I know how to interpret his opinions and they don't match mine at all.

• Like 2

I didn't say you weren't entitled to an opinion.  We live in the Grand Ole United Mutha* States of Murikah.  The land of entitlement.

I merely observed that your opinion showed that you had no clue to the source material.  You complained about  the narration.  That IS Deadpool.  It's what he does.  

I wasn't berating you, Pax.  I know you get picked on a lot around here, but I was not picking on you.

• Like 1

Deadpool

2.5 / 5

Lots of hype.  Maybe that's what killed it for me. 

Except not.  

Too much of a "date movie," in my opinion.  Although, I kept waiting for Vanessa to become Domino, but like he said, the studio didn't have enough money to have bodies in the x-mansion, why would they make some chick Dom.

Ryan is spot on, love him in the role, still.  Love all the easter eggs, too.  

Origin story was enough to the original that I'm not complaining.  Al was great.  Bob's cameo was fun. "How's Gina and the kids?"  Glad to see Bob got out of Hydra, but I wonder if he'll ever find truly gainful employment.

Some fun stuff, but if I don't see it again, it's not that big of a deal.  Looking forward to Deadpool 2: The Search for More Money.  Mostly to see Rob Lie....I mean Cable.  

I felt like Spidey was badly under-used, and felt kind of thrown in at the last minute*. Overall, tho, I loved it. Probably gonna see it again in the theatre, and I almost never do that. Actually, I think Cap 2 was the last time I did that.

Some caveats: Even tho most of the Avengers are in it, this is not an Avengers movie. It's also not an Iron Man movie. It's a Captain America movie, and more specifically, it's a Stucky flick. If you go into it expecting a full Avengers thing, or for Tony to be a main protagonist, you're going to be disappointed. This is a film about Steve and Bucky, and it does that wonderfully.

*Stay for the second post-credits scene with him, tho. It's great.

• Like 1