Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Bleed (2016): Would be more accurately titled Stupid F***ing White Dudes. Without those two locking horns, there would have been pretty much nothing to this, because everyone would have just had a couple more drinks and then called it a night. But no, they have to keep egging each other on until everyone follows along as they go ghost hunting in the burned out haunted prison.

Overall, this either needed to be more or less. There's obviously a very complicated backstory here, with multiple factions in this small town, but we only get small flashes of it. If the film had either gone for a simpler backstory or had taken the time to flesh out what it had, it could have been much better. As it is, it pretty much rides on the creepiness of the setting and cinematography. Which does actually carry it surprisingly far, probably in part because much of it was filmed in an actual creepy burned out former prison. Some good individual bits, but the whole doesn't hold together that well.

End of Watch: A co-worker has wanted me to watch this movie for years. It is a cop movie with a great deal of footage capture by dash cams, body cams, etc. It has the super funny guy from Antman as one of the partners. It tries to realistic in portraying police work. As Hollywood goes, it does a decent job. 8/10

• Like 5

Zootopia: 7/10. I enjoyed it, but probably won't watch it again.

It was a rather interesting film, though.

I noted the sheer lack of wheelchair accessibility in their utopia from a pretty early point in the film. They managed to create a female protagonist that was simultaneously tough and small, which is hard to do. And the film very pro-police, which makes it pretty unusual within the current media - most shows, even with law enforcement protagonists, tend to make police look like villains.

I also noted quite a few christian references in the film. No so much the religion, but references to Christian behaviour. I got the feeling the target audience was very mainstream christian. Was interesting because Disney is very typically not pro-christian.

Last note was the lack of romance. There was friendship between male and female, but they didn't take it further, which I thought was an interesting choice for Disney.

Bull Durham - 10/5 - easily the best sports movie ever made.

Wrong.....The natural, Hoosiers, Remember the titans, major league....hell Ill even take longest yard, Mash, Caddyshack. 

Bull Durham is not a sports movie....it is about a sexed up broad that [big bad swear word]s with decent peoples emotions........

Oh, and it has Bob Uecker.......might be is only redeaming quality.

Wrong.....The natural, Hoosiers, Remember the titans, major league....hell Ill even take longest yard, Mash, Caddyshack. 

Bull Durham is not a sports movie....it is about a sexed up broad that [big bad swear word]s with decent peoples emotions........

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Priceless - 10/10 - Film about sex trafficking. It's a compilation of 3~5 stories turned into one. This is all the more on spot for us, the I-5 community, as I-5 spans 3 nations that can be traveled in 2 ish days.

Tacoma & Portland have some very high rates of girls being stolen for the sex trade. I rather enjoyed the movie.

• Like 1

Bob Uecker wasn't in Bull Durham, he was in Major League with Charlie Sheen and Tom Berenger...

... and Sports Illustrated at one time ranked Bull Durham as the #1 sports movie of all time.  The dialogue is awesome, the vernacular is spot-on, all the little games within the game of baseball.  Superb.

But obviously to each their own.

More on topic, just watched "Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates" and was pleasantly surprised.  Laughed out loud a couple of times.  3.5 / 5

• Like 1

Bob Uecker wasn't in Bull Durham, he was in Major League with Charlie Sheen and Tom Berenger...

... and Sports Illustrated at one time ranked Bull Durham as the #1 sports movie of all time.  The dialogue is awesome, the vernacular is spot-on, all the little games within the game of baseball.  Superb.

But obviously to each their own.

More on topic, just watched "Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates" and was pleasantly surprised.  Laughed out loud a couple of times.  3.5 / 5

your right about bob euker.....clearly then Bull Durham really sucks then.......

the baseball is poor.  I dont think Tim Robbins every played the game.