Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Civil War 8.5/10

I like Marvel Movies. I even liked Ant Man. The Thor movies are a mess. The Age of Ultron was a brilliant failure. The Winter Soldier is about as good as they get.

That being said:

Spiderman was not terrible. The cartoon show from the early 80's with Firestorm and Iceman was better than the last adaptation. This Spidey is likable, funny, and reminded me of the early comic. 

I hate the premise of the accords. It is everything I see wrong with the world right now. 

The movie had creative fight scenes.

The movie was funny.

The crowd cheered and cried and oohhed and ahhhed.

Tony Stark is a broken, flawed man. The more he tries, the more he hurts those around him. He is a failed hero, and could be argued is the villian of the movie. 

If you like Marvel movies, it is a must see. If you hated Age of Ultron, skip it. 

• Like 3

Tony Stark is a broken, flawed man. The more he tries, the more he hurts those around him. He is a failed hero, and could be argued is the villian of the movie.

I wouldn't go so far as to say villain, but antagonist, certainly. He's feeling the backlash more than anyone else, because Ultron was essentially his fault, and, being Tony, he reacts badly and screws things up further, but he's still trying to do what he sees as the right thing, as best he can. I really hope they give him a "shape up" moment soon, tho, because he could easily slide into villain territory from where he is now.

If you like Marvel movies, it is a must see. If you hated Age of Ultron, skip it.

This is an odd sentiment to me. I was very disappointed by Age of Ultron, but Civil War was exactly what I wanted. Then again, a couple of my big disappointments with Age of Ultron were that Bucky was absent and there was almost no Sam, so this one had my fix there in spades. Depends on why you felt there were problems with Age of Ultron, I guess.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Legend: 5/10 - pretty much disappointed with this movie. The previews make it look amazing. However, there is no plot...it just sort of goes on...and nothing really happens. Its like they had this great idea, and then didn't know what to do with it. The acting and everything is great...just not a great story.

For a second, I thought you were talking about a classic...

maxresdefault2.jpg

• Like 4

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Pride and prejudice and zombie

2/5 just bad, bad acting bad plot and bad adaptation. The book was horrible too.

As a point o like the true pride and prejudice and felt this was just some guy getting high while reading a book in college he didn't want to.

• Like 1

Legend: 5/10 - pretty much disappointed with this movie. The previews make it look amazing. However, there is no plot...it just sort of goes on...and nothing really happens. Its like they had this great idea, and then didn't know what to do with it. The acting and everything is great...just not a great story.

It's a kids movie. Watch it with kids and see if it makes more sense.

Costumes and effects are the part adults watch the movie for.

• 2 weeks later...

X-Men: Apoc - 6/10 - This was definitely a "just go with it" movie. Lots of stuff not explained that you just had to accept. Seems like they are opening it up for a new line of X-Men movies with a set cast. A bit long and lots of flashbacks in this movie. Not enough superpowered fights actually. Probably best to save it for DVD if you haven't seen it. Not a summer blockbuster by any means.

• Like 2

X-Men: Apoc - 6/10 - This was definitely a "just go with it" movie. Lots of stuff not explained that you just had to except. Seems like they are opening it up for a new line of X-Men movies with a set cast. A bit long and lots of flashbacks in this movie. Not enough superpowered fights actually. Probably best to save it for DVD if you haven't seen it. Not a summer blockbuster by any means.

Jean's slam of X-Men III was probably the highlight of the film for me.  Jubilee was an interesting addition for 1983, but I'm sure she fit better than she will with the Dark Phoenix saga in the 90s.

• Like 1