Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• 3 weeks later...

Ghostbusters. Very fun. Cheesy, but in just the right way. Kate McKinnon does the best Mad Scientist performance I have ever seen. Spot the reference/cameo was fun, but didn't pull me out of the movie the way it did in STID.

Yes! Saw this Thursday, so good me and the wife are planning to see it again in theater... That is saying something considering the cost! Loved it and here's hoping they get to do a few of them with this cast. Hemsworth during the credits priceless!

• Like 1

You sir are un American! :-P it hit all the same tone of the originals with an updated and intriguing way of looking at things... Had me rolling with laughter what kept you from enjoying it?

like most "re-make" it paled in comparison to original.  Jokes were trite and generally stupid.  It was an attempt to make an original "politically correct" with females....sad, just sad.

• Like 1

like most "re-make" it paled in comparison to original.  Jokes were trite and generally stupid.  It was an attempt to make an original "politically correct" with females....sad, just sad.

Loosely translated, because it's a remake, it had no chance.

But then every other opinion of it I've heard thus far has been overwhelmingly positive. Funny that.

• Like 1

Loosely translated, because it's a remake, it had no chance.

But then every other opinion of it I've heard thus far has been overwhelmingly positive. Funny that.

Not necessarily.  There are the occasional remakes that are as good if  not better then the original, but it is a high bar to reach.

Better/as good:

Oceans Eleven

True Grit

3:10 to Yuma

Cape Fear

The Italian Job

The Bad:

Red Dawn

Bad News Bears

The Longest Yard

Ghostbusters

Notice the bad all have something in common.....an attempt to change the original to match the times or political correctness......sadly what made these movies good was the times they were made in or the crass/crude humor.  Trying to keep that vibe in a re-make is difficult....and sadly these failed.

Also notice that generally comedy's are the ones that are harder to do....

• Like 2

Well reasoned response sir good on ya. Found the difference of opinions there. I like the idea of being able to share Ghostbusters and the desire to do the right thing even when the world is dead set against you. Many of the originals references would be lost on the newer generations. With a child on the way this one will be far more relevant once I'm able to work it in and the cast actually plays to bolster the message as I'm having a daughter.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Suicide Squad - 5/10 - For a movie about the worst of the worst, they sure do go to great lengths to turn them into good guys. Ugh. Too many "WTF?" moments that break immersion. Harley was the one bright spot in the movie which kept the score from being lower. Will not buy, will not see again unless really bored and it happens to be on.

• Like 1

Prometheus - 3/5

Predictable.  I called who done what when they were introduced.  :(  Some fun stuff.  Lots of dumb stuff.  Bitch wouldn't be doin that [big bad swear word] with staples on her abdomen, 80 years in the future or not.

Going to watch it again, though.  Watched it with my 12 year old.  Had to talk over quite a bit in some explanations.  He wants to watch Alien.  I tried to get him to watch it last night before bed.   :biggrin:   But he declined.   :dry:

• Like 2