Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Really?  No DP reviews?  WTF, guys?  You're killing me.  I spent all night at work looking forward to reading reviews from ya'll this morning and nothing.  Not a gosh darn lolly pop of a thing.

:angry:

Honestly didn't even realize it was really being made until last saturday. They've started and stopped production on this one before, so I didn't think it would seriously come out. A difficult superhero to sell to general audiences, I think.

I also thought Age of Ultron was terrible and I didn't even bother with antman, so I've been wondering if they'll really make another good superhero film, or if hollywood is dried up due to overproduction of the theme.

On the flip side, I'm really loving this latest season of Venture Brothers.

Honestly didn't even realize it was really being made until last saturday. They've started and stopped production on this one before, so I didn't think it would seriously come out. A difficult superhero to sell to general audiences, I think.

I also thought Age of Ultron was terrible and I didn't even bother with antman, so I've been wondering if they'll really make another good superhero film, or if hollywood is dried up due to overproduction of the theme.

On the flip side, I'm really loving this latest season of Venture Brothers.

http://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/deadpool-biggest-r-rated-box-office-ever/

• Like 1

Pretty sure Cap 3 is gonna be great, and then the Russo bros are taking over for Avengers: Infinity War, so that should be good, too.

• Like 1

Mission Impossible 5. 7/10. It held my interest and I don't regret watching it, but I also probably won't watch it again. It flowed well, with a nice predictable plot and very light combat. A good one to watch while tired or otherwise not giving it your full attention.

Star Wars - Definitely better than the last 3, but poor cam quality took it down a notch. 7/10

Revenant - Impressive movie, but weak in parts. 7/10. 

Sicario - WOW! Forgot about this movie, such awesome-sauce! 9/10

OK, I have not seen the Revenant. 

Sicario is the best move I've seen from 2015.  Plenty of time to reflect.

No question.  

Hello there,

The Force Awakens was pretty good.  I'd say 7/10.

My son went and saw Deadpool, said it was very enjoyable and pretty true to comicdom.  He says he wants to see the "Deadpool movie that takes place three years after this movie," as it would rock and not bog with some of the fluff.

Stay safe,

don

• Like 1

Hello there,

The Force Awakens was pretty good.  I'd say 7/10.

My son went and saw Deadpool, said it was very enjoyable and pretty true to comicdom.  He says he wants to see the "Deadpool movie that takes place three years after this movie," as it would rock and not bog with some of the fluff.

Stay safe,

don

There's already talk of Wolverine 3 going Rated R as a BIG fond fairwell to Hugh Jackman

• Like 1

Honestly, I feel like the PG-13 rating has been allowing in so much intense violence that getting some of them to toss in some swears or something and hit the R rating is going to be a more fitting place for them anyhow.

Seems like as long as they use shakycam and turn the lights down a bit, any amount of horrendous violence is now PG-13.

I'm afraid there gonna be a fair amount of unnecessary R movies now to try to recapture dead pool.

Totally agree. Deadpool is a R rated character. The Avengers series (including stand alone movies like Cap, Iron Man, Thor) don't need an R rating, mostly because they stay close to the comics. The entire X-Men universe needs a complete reboot and start over. They slaughtered so many characters and story lines it's a joke. This is a pretty good read on it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/deadpool-guardians-of-the-galaxy-director-slams-hollywood-for-learning-the-wrong-lessons-from-its-a6876661.html

• Like 2

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Sword of Destiny: 6/10.

A high budget, bad movie. Acting is fine, as are most of the effects, but the plot is just bad. They clearly got influenced by lord of the rings and similar movies, leaving behind the things that made the original strong. Very disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really? No one on Batman vs Superman?

OK...here goes...and obviously, spoilers...

It helps that I walked into this movie with full expectations to really hate it.  OK...not really hate it...but I did really hate Man of Steel.  But from the trailers, I actually thought this was going to be a better movie than Captain America: Civil War.

And I will be shocked if it is not better than Civil War. With the mess that was Age of Ultron...I really expect Civil War to be a mess (too many characters jam packed into one single movie).

The movie has its faults for sure...but...I did like it...quite a bit still even 12 hours after seeing it and thinking about it.  Its not an Avengers, or Guardians of the Galaxy level by any means.  But it is FAR better movie than Age of Ultron (oh gawd that movie was a mess).

What they pulled off in the movie was why Batman and Superman are fighting...and even a good job of how Batman is in the fight.  It was an intense fight with B v S for sure.    But it was a good watch and worth the $7 I spent on it for sure.  Wonder Woman was a great add, to which I think less Batman stuff and more Wonder Woman stuff would have been much better.  I put this movie in the DC universe as probably #3....behind the first two Dark Knight movies.  If you like comic books and super heroes...than go see it.

That being said...it still has its faults.

Superman is fooled by a smoke grenade, really?
He can hear Lois pounding on a wall underwater 1000 feet away in the air with crumbling buildings and Wonder Woman and Batman fighting Doomzod? 
Supporting characters are super weak...Alfed and Lois Lane are just written poorly...and I swear Jeremy Irons doesn't look old enough to be Alfred, and Amy Adams is not the right actress.
Yeah, facebook luthor really was bad.
Cave Troll...err...I mean...TMNT....err...I mean Doomzod...err..>DOOMSDAY...yeah...that was dumb.
Oh gawd the first part of the movie is so slow...and Afleck as Batman...meh...oh goody, look, his parents get gunned down...

Anyway...its overly serious and everyone looks dour...I wish they could crack a joke.

• Like 1

So much Ultron hate?? I saw BvM...it was long....the dream scenes were a bit odd...and made Batman seem very fearful...which seems out of character for him...but I'm not really a BM expert so who knows. I hated the casting for Luthor...so annoying. Otherwise though it was okay...just too long to get to the end and then stacked fight scenes. I liked Ben.