Rate the Last Movie You Saw

BVS - I actually liked it better than the last man of steel flick.  I actually liked Jesse Eisenberg (sp) as luthor… I thought he was pretty nuts in all the right ways lol.

Amy Adams as lois.. yeah - I thought she was weak in that other movie for Superman… (but thought maybe it was writing).  But I agree after her second stint as lois - that maybe she just isn't great for the role.

Batman - weak afleck was acceptable as a brooding batman - although I agree that more WW would have been nice in his place lol.

The monster Zod was goofy.   I was really hoping for a Bizzaro-superman lol.

-d

• Like 1

The Fantastic Four. No, not the new one. No, not the one with Chris Evans, either. A while back, I found a leaked copy of the unreleased 1992 version Roger Corman made so that Neue Constantin's option wouldn't expire. It's hilariously terrible and awesome. If you're into B Movies, and you can find a copy, you should totally check it out.

• Like 1

Star Wars: The Force Awakens...now that I have had the chance to see a good copy...like the story but oh the acting. The actress playing Rey has about as much depth as the actor who played Anakin in the last 2. Then Finn...did the casting agent say "get me Kevin Hart, without it being Kevin Hart"? Then Kylo Ren. Is he supposed to be a symbol for entitled Millennials or did he get his acting degree from watching MTV's "My Sweet 16"? 5/10

• Like 2

Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice:  I'd give it a solid 8/10.  I thought that the dream sequences were a touch sloppy and you could tell that they wanted the movie to be longer.  I think Luthor was kind of a millennial's take on a corporate executive, but he definitely seemed more like the "original" Lex Luthor from way back when he was first introduced as more of a mad scientist and had red hair.  Or it could be his son, that took over LexCorp after he died from Kryptonite poisoning.  Regardless, he was no Gene Hackman but to be honest, Gene's take wouldn't have worked here either.  However, I thought Ben Affleck was spot on as Batman, and I thought that Wonder Woman kind of stole the show towards the end.  I am really looking forward to the unedited Directors Cut when it's released.

Deadpool 9 god I missed Ryan Reynolds. Talk about just a hilarious movie. Even compared Iowa state fair to cancer which I was dying and people were staring at me cause obviously they didn't get the reference

Hateful 8. I'd give it 7. It was standard Tarantino which I love but it really started too slow even for his stereotypical building to climax. Also no actor really blew me away for once and the hitting the girl a ton and needless use of the N word kinda gets tireless. I get it the time period but man it's like he wants to use the word as much as humanly possible which is why it's a bit obnoxious.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...despite all the praise, Deadpool is just not my type of superhero film. 7/10. Plot was formulaic and relied heavily on a narrator (even if protagonist doubled as narrator). Would have made a decent short story, not a very impressive movie. Still, plot was easy enough to follow, no issues with cinematography, casting, nor acting.

And for the record, I streamed it for free with lovely Chinese subtitles. Glad I didn't pay to see this one.

I will note, that as an R movie, this one was in name only. Glorified violence, blood and nudity, but nothing really struck me as needing restrictions. More like watching a cartoon. Very comical use of glorified violence (as opposed to cruel or sadistic violence) and very few lasting consequences to said violence. Monte Python and the Holy Grail (which is PG, for the record), is a more graphically violent film.

The line between PG-13 and R on violence seems to boil down to whether or not they show the blood. I agree, I've seen plenty of PG-13 flicks that were far more violent, but used shakycam and dark lighting to not actually show blood. Language was another thing that pushed it over the line. They only get one proper swear per film at PG-13.

Watched Sniper: Special Ops this weekend. Pretty sure Seagal thought he was actually getting Jean-Claude van Damme starring alongside him instead of Rob Van Dam. We only ended up finishing out of some horrified sense of curiosity. Terrible flick. Bad pacing, bad writing, bad acting.

The line between PG-13 and R on violence seems to boil down to whether or not they show the blood. I agree, I've seen plenty of PG-13 flicks that were far more violent, but used shakycam and dark lighting to not actually show blood. Language was another thing that pushed it over

Yeah, it did swear a bit. Though with southpark being a kids show, I'm kinda surprised the rating system hasn't adjusted.

Though with southpark being a kids show, I'm kinda surprised the rating system hasn't adjusted.

60920367.jpg

"South Park was the first weekly program to be assigned the TV-MA rating, and is generally intended for adult audiences. The boys and most other child characters use strong profanity, with only the most taboo words being bleeped by censors during a typical broadcast."

• Like 1

"South Park was the first weekly program to be assigned the TV-MA rating, and is generally intended for adult audiences. The boys and most other child characters use strong profanity, with only the most taboo words being bleeped by censors during a typical broadcast."

By "intended" who intends this? I think the show pretty clearly targets it's own fans, which are mostly 12yr olds....Definitely a show for middle schoolers.

TV-MA. This program is specifically designed to be viewed by adults and therefore may be unsuitable for children under 17. Some content may be unsuitable for children under 17.

Ah....Right, of course! because the Rating indicates who the show is designed for, despite being applied AFTER the show is created.

Yeah...those guys are in denial...

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Wow anecdotal evidence is all we need now to prove intent.

Dude look at first season broadcast time, 10pm!!! Almost all major networks shut their family programming down at 10pm. Anything post 10pm was considered adult viewing.

Admit your wrong at some point. I mean this one you have no leg to stand on. it was popular to middle schoolers not because they were target audience, but because middle schoolers like adult stuff.

Die hard was cool in middle school, but I know I wasn't the target audience.

Look at the content show me a more than 10% of the middle schoolers out there that get the deeper context and commentary. [big bad swear word] South Park pulls more from current events that many middle schoolers can't even begin to comprehend.

Sisters 5/10, Tina Fey is the sexiest woman bar my wife and man did this movie suck. It would be lower if the cast was not as it was. The story was horrendous.

• Like 4