Rate the Last Movie You Saw

miss peregrine's home for peculiar children

I promised to take my daughter to this. Although, it is a children's movie, it is not a film for small children or even 10 year old children. My daughter hid her eyes several times. It is can be scary. The film develops slowly. The characters develop. There are a few plot holes, but I liked it overall.

7/10.

• Like 2

Frankenhooker 10/10

Young genius, Jeffrey Franken, loses the love of his life to a Lawn Mower demo.  Determined to not allow Elizabeth, his beloved, leave him, he reaches deep into his brain to figure out how to save her.

Not family friendly.

Ha! Saw that one in the theater at a 24-hour horror movie marathon when I was a tenneager. I loved it! Had forgotten all about it, now I have to find it again. All I really remember was... "Do you want a date?" or some variation thereof.

• Like 2

Hacksaw Ridge - 8/10 - very good movie. Took the wife to see it and was a bit worried because I had read that it was quite graphic...which it is, but done in a way that just supports the brutality of war instead of being gory for the sake of being gory. So basically, she was fine with it. Almost an unbelievable story, and the fact that it is true is just mind boggling.

• Like 3

Doctor Strange 7/10

Anything I know about Doctor Strange comes from Marvel 1602 and Venture Bros.  

That being said, it felt like Marvception: The Last Cloakbender.  Visually, it was like that time I took LSD and watched The Lion King in my younger days, mixed with a lil DMT to really drive the existential grandeur home.  The Game Boss was like that time Reed Richards talked Galactus into not eating the earth, you know, back before Galactus became Franklin's bitch.  I was really worried they were gonna turn Dorrmammu into a space cloud, it had that same feel to it.  I don't know if this is because of a lack of creativity at the time from the Comic Writers back in the day, Doc Strange vs the Big D compared to Mr Fantastic vs the Big G.  Again, not familiar with the source material.  

Beyond that, it was an enjoyable flick, and I must say, I want that Tea mug.

Will watch again, and is of the visual caliber that makes me want a 4k setup.

• Like 2

Doctor Strange - 9/10 - I really liked it. (Remember to stay for the mid and post credit teasers!) I don't have history with Dr. Strange so it's all new to me.

Find it quite funny ... sorry that's spoiler.

I think they did a great job of inserting humor in it in some great spots.

I get what Infested is saying, but feel it was presented well as its own... or I'm naive enough to like it for what it is.

I have to say, the previews for the coming movies look bomb!

• Like 2

Dr Strange:  Perfect 5/7

I liked it... but I am not sure how I feel about it. The visuals and effects were fantastic, but I felt they were often moving too fast to absorb. As far as character and story, I feel like Strange was a bit too much of a Mary Sue... Just too good at everything and nothing really challenged him. But, I still liked it,

• Like 4

The Howling : 8/10 : Werewolves done modern by Joe Dante. Open with a lady reporter tracking on a serial killer, her wire gets out of range and the cops show up just in time to kill the bad guy who is making some pretty odd growling noises. Nightmares and stress from the event are getting to her so psychiatrist Patrick MacNee tells her to come out to his retreat where everyone seems to only eat meat what possibly could be going on here. Good build to the werwolf fun for a final act. Look for a bit parts played by John Sayles, Roger Corman and Forrest J. Ackerman.

• Like 2

Satanic (2016). Back when Sphere was first adapted as a movie, I saw a review of it that started "Sphere is a great 90 minute movie. Unfortunately, it's well over two hours long." Satanic takes this even further. It could have been a great episode of some TV show, something tied together by theme rather than plot or characters, something like maybe a new, harder version of The Twilight Zone or something. But they just didn't have enough to stretch it into an actual movie, even a short one.

Hot Tub Time Machine - watched it with a buddy who hadn't seen it.  They laughed.  A lot.  I laughed having seen it twice already.  Good times.  Plus the best credit scene I've seen in quite a while. 

10/10 simply for the references, humor and quick n' dirty boy humor and comebacks. 

Juvenile and silly but if you're expecting Citizen Kane from a movie with the title "Hot Tub Time Machine" then that's on you.

• Like 4