40K OFCC Team Event - Conversation starts here!

evil_bryan

10 hours ago, Munkie said:

I'm glad to see no Battalion/patrol requirement, they are unfriendly to DE. I need more elites and fast attack and fewer troops. 

Don't get me wrong, I won't have "no troops" (that would feel weird) but you'll get the minimum 2 of yesteryear, and not a model more!

Ooh! I need a rematch so I can remember our game this time.

• Like 1

Here's one going a different route.  I call it "How many wounds does it take to get to the center of a T'autsie pop?"

Outrider Detchment:

Coldstar Commander- Shield Generator, Stimulant Injector

12x Shield Drone

12x Shield Drone

12x Shield Drone

12x Shield Drone

12x Shield Drone

12x Shield Drone

Outrider Detachment:

Cadre Fireblade - Markerlight

12x Shield Drone

12x Shield Drone

12x Shield Drone

12x Shield Drone

12x Shield Drone

12x Shield Drone

Outrider Detachment:

Ethereal

12x Shield Drone

12x Shield Drone

12x Shield Drone

12x Shield Drone

12x Shield Drone

12x Shield Drone

1997 points. 216 ablative shield drones, each with a 5+ FnP...  Even better, can't target the HQs through the bubble wrap, so 216 shield drones, each with a 4+, 5+ FnP

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Munkie said:

Unless it goes so poorly that you suppress the memory! Which is totally what I'm gonna pretend happened the last time since you can't contradict me with any confidence. 

That's a chicken and the egg kind of thing. Did drinking make me forget or did I drink to forget?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Page 12, who knew we would get this far

This page update is important, and you can expect it to be communicated broadly as we get closer to the event.

Over the years, I know I have personally been pretty lax in enforcing the painting standards in our 40K event. It was not difficult last year to walk through the venue to see a few models or even a squad or two below the event minimum. I think this is a slippery slope and needs to be corrected before it gets worse.

For this years 40K OFCC, the Painting requirements will be strictly enforced and models not meeting the minimums cannot be fielded. Captain's will be responsible for checking all armies on their team prior to the event.

If you think you will have players struggling to meet these minimums, then please leverage the community for last minute painting on Friday night or borrowing models that meet the requirements. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Kelharis said:

Here's one going a different route.  I call it "How many wounds does it take to get to the center of a T'autsie pop?"

(snip)

1997 points. 216 ablative shield drones, each with a 5+ FnP...  Even better, can't target the HQs through the bubble wrap, so 216 shield drones, each with a 4+, 5+ FnP

Looks like I should bring the 6 Vindicares again ;)

• Like 1