40K OFCC Team Event - Conversation starts here!

evil_bryan

Okay, before we leave page 9, I should get to the spoiling. :)

Since today is Superbowl Sunday, I am in sports mood. Not being a sports guy (or really a football guy) page 9 makes me think 9th inning, so it is time for some inside baseball (to coin a phrase.)

After analyzing team scores last year and how they contributed to the best overall, I was unhappy with the contribution ratio and felt it was too focused on Sportsmanship. Now, I know that may sound shocking coming from me as I hope that I am known as a Sportsmanship fanboy. I just think that it needs to be a more balanced approach to calculating something like Best Overall.

Let me show you what I mean:

2017 OFCC Team Results:

image.png

If you average 2017 results across the board, it breaks down like this:

54% Sports, 22% Painting, and 24% Spirit

It is clear to me there is room for improvement, and a need for a change.

So finally, the Page 9 spoiler is that the Best Overall will be calculated from 40% Sports, 25% Painting, 30% Spirit, and 5% Captain Achievements

• Like 3

On 2/4/2018 at 10:46 AM, evil_bryan said:

Okay, before we leave page 9, I should get to the spoiling. :)

Since today is Superbowl Sunday, I am in sports mood. Not being a sports guy (or really a football guy) page 9 makes me think 9th inning, so it is time for some inside baseball (to coin a phrase.)

After analyzing team scores last year and how they contributed to the best overall, I was unhappy with the contribution ratio and felt it was too focused on Sportsmanship. Now, I know that may sound shocking coming from me as I hope that I am known as a Sportsmanship fanboy. I just think that it needs to be a more balanced approach to calculating something like Best Overall.

Let me show you what I mean:

2017 OFCC Team Results:

image.png

If you average 2017 results across the board, it breaks down like this:

54% Sports, 22% Painting, and 24% Spirit

It is clear to me there is room for improvement, and a need for a change.

So finally, the Page 9 spoiler is that the Best Overall will be calculated from 40% Sports, 25% Painting, 30% Spirit, and 5% Captain Achievements

cannot be worse than the painting contest year.  So I'm all for it.

On 2/4/2018 at 11:41 AM, Chikin said:

I just realized with the updated Chapter Approved adjustment in points the Hierophant no longer fits in a 2000 point list.  He comes out at 2060 points because you have to pay for one of his weapons.  :sad:  There goes the 1 unit idea.

WAIT?!? Chapter approved changed points to forge world?  Does it change points for all armies?

Also, OFCC should require captains to wear big fuzzy hats so we know who is making the decisions.

• Like 1

I vote  that instead of the normal rules for determining who goes first.

After Deployment we replace that mechanic with a start player deck instead.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/38318/start-player

This removes the ability to game the system with 1 drop armies, and the randomness of seizing the initiative.

This is how I do all my casual games :)

• Like 1