Tau...

23 hours ago, pretre said:

Or one bad rep or the person calling put the person off somehow and elicited a less than perfect reaction.

18 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Pax could never rub someone the wrong way.

Pretre is being more subtle than you, IK. His can be interpreted as constructive. Your's is just being rude. Please stop. I don't enjoy being trolled by you.

But I welcome you being constructive.

Do the effects of Photon Grenades stack? If Tau Unit A is charged and uses a Photon Grenade as part of their Overwatch shooting and Tau Unit B is within range to use FTGG to also fire Overwatch shots and they use a Photon Grenade... Yowza. That could get nasty really fast. Especially given that Tau Grenades have a 12" range! 

15 minutes ago, Ish said:

Do the effects of Photon Grenades stack? If Tau Unit A is charged and uses a Photon Grenade as part of their Overwatch shooting and Tau Unit B is within range to use FTGG to also fire Overwatch shots and they use a Photon Grenade... Yowza. That could get nasty really fast. Especially given that Tau Grenades have a 12" range! 

My understanding is bonuses/penalties from the same source type don't stack (unless they say otherwise). So the advantage with multiple Photon Grenades is only in that it would increase odds to hit with overwatch.

But the penalty should stack with the Stealthsuit -1 to hit, or the Dal'yth Relic which also does -1 to hit. 

So while no TAU unit can generate a -2 melee penalty on their own, the "For the Greater Good" allows the Stealth suits to benefit from the photon grenades fired from another unit. 

And -2 is no joke. That means your marine Power Fists only on hit on 6s (5s for the melee HQs). 

35 minutes ago, Ish said:

"This weapon does not inflict any damage.Your opponent must subtract 1 from any hit rolls made for INFANTRY units that have suffered any hits from photon grenades until the end of the turn"

No stacking grenades, but other effects can stack

Devilfish is coming along nicely, but I can't seem to find my bone saw. I'm trying to make it so I can remove the rear top hull, so the interior can be better seen. Unlike the Rhino, which is easy to not glue the top and be able to remove the top hull, this model's top features sides which slant to hook the top in place. It's like they made an interior that wasn't intended to be seen (by players). 

Regarding the stormsurge, I can't help thinking that it's basically a Glitterboy from Rifts. GW ripped it off more closely than they usually rip things off. But as an old rifts player, I kinda want to paint it like a glitterboy. 

http://rifts.wikia.com/wiki/Glitter_Boy 

Essentially, it's a powered armor suit that features a cannon so massive that it needs to anchor itself to the ground and have jets running behind it just to survive the recoil of it's own massive gun. Called a glitterboy because of it's shiny silver laser reflecting armor.

Thinking I want to get those arms, but position them supporting the shoulder mount, rather than mounting the gun on the arms. Not sure where the missiles would go...

...those arms are really expensive ($50 with the opposable hands). And shipping is incredibly slow because they allow a very long time for production of the model, prior to actually shipping the model.

If I go the arm route, I really should look into a conversion. Model is large enough where Gundam arms might work. Hmm.

A gundam head would be fun too...

3 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

So when you get this upgrade to the  stormsurge can you do a review?

I'm kinda worried that it will have the typical "lines" of 3d printed things. 

Kinda think the stormsurge is in the not great category but the whole upgrade kit makes me want to have one if it's of good quality. 

I bought the "cover" bit, but nothing else. Yeah, I can show pictures if/when it arrives. Supposed to ship on the 4th, and take 3-5 days to arrive from there. They had 4x versions of the bit. I got the "smoothest" version and I got the version where it should have both an interior and exterior with a hatch, so I don't lose the value in painting the crew.

Though I did start assembly without it. Ideally, I'll have it mostly painted and assembled before it arrives. 

As for the arms, I'm probably not going to buy the 3d printed arms. They just want too much in both price and time to deliver. For cost ($50), I can buy an entire kit of something just for the arms...

2 hours ago, Ish said:

Now, just order the "Fire Warrior at Rest" pin-up from Wargame Exclusive and have her chilling in the back. "Oh, hai! Just getting dressed to go into battle! But, first, let me post a selfie on InstaGreaterGoodaGram."

RESTING-SNIPER-21.jpg

I was tempted, but then it occured to me that by including this model, I was establishing that all my other TAU were male. As is, they could really be either gender with the normal TAU heads. Only by distinguishing the female as above, do the others become male and therefore a poor ratio of men to women. I'd rather leave them gender neutral.

It is a nice model, though. 

1 minute ago, Ish said:

Well, once they've got their helmets and full body armor on, who can really tell?

Most of mine don't have helmets on. It would be all of them, but the kits don't include enough helmetless Tau heads. 

Speaking of, @Lyraeus or @Kelharis any extra TAU helmetless heads?