One Page Rules - Fantasy and 40K

andozane

I'm very curious to try these. The elimination of the "roll to wound" step is a little odd, it seems like it would make all weapons more or less equal. Unless I'm missing something, a lasgun will have the same chance to wound a vehicle that an autocannon would, which seems a bit off. Otherwise, it looks really cool, and I wanna try it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

A bit of thread necromancy here, but after years of being a GW fan boy, their insistence of putting rules behind paywall after paywall is starting to get to me.

I've been looking over the Grimdark Future rules and like what I see. I also joined the Patreon for the full rules and those awesome STLs, might look at putting a force together in the near future.

• Like 1

I’m interested in trying Grimdark Future, I mean, even if the rules are terrible you can’t beat the price. However, a lot of people who’s opinions on these sorts of things I generally trust have had very positive things to say about Grimdark Future.

I’m less interested in their fantasy offering, since I generally prefer “rank and flank” to “individual base” for mass combat games.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ish said:

I’m interested in trying Grimdark Future, I mean, even if the rules are terrible you can’t beat the price. However, a lot of people who’s opinions on these sorts of things I generally trust have had very positive things to say about Grimdark Future.

I’m less interested in their fantasy offering, since I generally prefer “rank and flank” to “individual base” for mass combat games.

Really like the rules I've read, it reminds me a bit of 5th edition 40K, but with alternating activations and better missions. I also like using a keyword based system, as it seems to make things a bit more streamlined .

So I may or may not have purchased One Page Rules' entire "Alien Hives" STL library since I had the 70% off code from being a Patron. Absolutely love the look of these, very much a "Not Tyranids" army that is close to the GW models while having it's own feel. Time to start looking at getting a Grimdark Future force together...

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Apparently rising this thread from the dead is becoming a holiday tradition for me? 

Anyway, I'm now back on the OPR train after a year of unsatisfactory decisions from GW for 40K and AoS, lol. I've been consuming a bunch of battle reports, and I'm hoping to try and actually play a game of Grimdark Future sometime after the holidays. I guess there are a few people that play up at Mindtaker?

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen it, OPR has an online army builder for their various systems, and it RULES: https://army-forge.onepagerules.com/

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

Has anyone made a conversion of models to units for OPR? That was one of the bits that confused me reading thru some of the lists. I could work out a bunch of them, but sometimes I was scratching my head. I would love to give OPR a good try.

I thought they were all pretty straight forward as to what 40K models were the OPR equivalent, were there any in particular you were wondering about?

53 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

I'd have to go back and look, its been months since I had done that...I think it might have been some necron units at the time since that was the army I had been interested at the time.

Haven't looked through the "Robot Legions" stuff, but I did spend time with the Alien Hive list, and there were a few units that felt kinda ambiguous until I looked at the weapon loadouts for clarity. Like a "Tyrant Beast" vs a "Hive Lord," but then you see the Beast has basically the Acid Spray + various Tyranofex weapon options.

5 minutes ago, Ish said:

So… Turns out “there’s a wiki for that” is the new “let me Google that for you.” Looks like some folks have already made a list of suggested miniatures for each faction.

Nice, that's actually really handy! I had no idea what the "Rebel Guerrillas" were supposed to represent since I don't really follow Deadzone.

8 minutes ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Nice, that's actually really handy! I had no idea what the "Rebel Guerrillas" were supposed to represent since I don't really follow Deadzone.

My read on them was “Genestealer Cults without Alien Gribblies” or “Traitor Guard without Demonic Gribblies.” 

• Like 1