40k Nova previews

From new lore to a vast array of codexes and an awesome (and rapidly growing community), there’s never been a brighter time for the grim darkness of the far future. The last couple of years have been glorious – and now we’re about to kick the 41st Millennium into high gear…

What does all of this mean for the galaxy?  

Nova-WarCom-EntireGalaxy52uyjs.jpg

Psychic Awakening is a monumental event that will shape Warhammer 40,000 forever, on a scale unlike anything you’ve ever seen before. Across this epic event, every codex will see expanded rules as we explore the front-line war zones of a cataclysmic new conflict that makes the 13th Black Crusade look like a border scuffle. 

New rules for every Codex

Every single Warhammer 40,000 faction has a stake in Psychic Awakening – so whatever your chosen army, you’ll have a moment to shine. Each Psychic Awakening expansion focusses on a different war zone, providing a new perspective to this galaxy-spanning event. The series will see plot threads that have enticed fans for decades resolved, champions new and old rise to the fore, and staggering revelations made. 

Meanwhile, each book will have powerful and thematic rules updates for at least two Factions, giving you more flexibility than before. 

Nova-WarCom-InShort53ujs.jpg

If that wasn’t enough, the series will also be accompanied by a whole swathe of new models, including some miniatures you’ve been looking forward to for ages – such as the first-ever plastic Howling Banshees! 

Nova-Aug29-40k-Banshee9grtd.jpg

Before the Psychic Awakening hits, Space Marines still have a few reinforcements inbound…

A Hero Is Promoted

If you’re a Raven Guard player, you’ve probably been eyeing up some Vanguard Space Marines. But who to lead them to battle? We have just the man for the job…

That’s right – this legendary son of Corax has got an upgrade worthy of his new rank! Combining classic design cues from his original model (including our first-ever “beaky” Primaris helmet!) and the modern tactical aesthetic of the rest of the Vanguard Space Marines, Shrike is the perfect leader for your Raven Guard. 

Nova-Aug29-40k-NewStrike9gr.jpg

Nova-Aug29-40k-ShrikeDetail3ngrd.jpg

And One More Thing…

Almost two years ago, we made Warhammer fans a promise. The time has almost come for that oath to be fulfilled and your faith to be rewarded.

It’s our pleasure to unveil this glorious army set today – a monument to the unwavering devotion of our community and to a new era for one of the most beloved armies in Warhammer 40,000.

Nova-aug29-SoB-Box3rfjed.jpg

After waiting for so long, you all deserved something very special, and that’s what this Sisters of Battle Army Set delivers. This packed box kicks off your Adepta Sororitas force in style. Including a swathe of stunning new plastic models and a limited edition codex, this one is dedicated to you die-hard Sisters of Battle fans as a reward for your unwavering faith. 

Nova-aug29-SoB-Squad84efd.jpg

Plastic Battle Sisters (and Seraphim!), painted and ready for war. Did you ever believe you’d see it? 

Nova-aug29-Sob-Seraphim3jgrd.jpg

There’s even a new Penitent Engine – a magnificent reinvention of one of the most iconic Warhammer 40,000 models ever, that somehow manages to be even more grimdark than its predecessor. 

Nova-aug29-SoB-Pentient2wfcs.jpg

As a special thank you to the dedicated fans who made it to the NOVA Open Warhammer Preview in person, we gave every single member of the audience their very own plastic Canoness. Turns out, attending our Warhammer Preview shows can be pretty sweet. And don’t worry if you weren’t there this time – this Canoness is found in the Sisters of Battle army set! 

Nova-aug29-SoB-Cannonness9fers.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Lol. As if marines with no helmets wasn't enough of an issue, here's an mostly naked guy mounted to the front of our giant robot...I really like the model, but makes me laugh thinking about how bad, practically speaking, it is to have the robot's pilot hanging out like that.

5 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Lol. As if marines with no helmets wasn't enough of an issue, here's an mostly naked guy mounted to the front of our giant robot...I really like the model, but makes me laugh thinking about how bad, practically speaking, it is to have the robot's pilot hanging out like that.

I agree....he could get a sliver, or catch a nasty cough......

43 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

Oh, and I think we should get a pool going for the cost of the army. 25 models and a codex. $40 for the codex is easy, but where do the others fall in. I'm thinking $235 for the army.

its a special edition codex.  I am assuming the normal codex will be "less cool" but entirely functional without the painted Sisters or whatever.  

The new models are larger than the old ones, that's for sure.  The special weapons specifically look incredibly awesome, and might be worth getting.  I'm thinking that if Celestians become usable, then people might buy new models to have significantly;y differentiated models.

The Penitent Engines are so bad that giving them a new model really inspires me to hope they spent an equal amount of care onthe actual rules.  I mean how could they have gotten any worse?  Perhaps there will be a certain order of zealots that features all the "crazy" models and will give them more speed, which would be a big deal for them.  Either speed oooooor some Stratagems to make them go off like its the fourth of July.  Maybe 10" flamers on them.  That'd be sweet.  REMEMBER that the original fluff for them was as tomb Guardians and the like.  So in that role, perhaps they could let them get a heroic intervention type of ability.  Frontline guardians?  Perhaps suddenly they are better hiding near the front lines and then coming tothe rescue of their sisterhood when attacked?

5 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

But if you have this army already, do you really need the new models?

This isn't a game of need.

Like the switch from metal to plastic SM. It's not really about need.

Definitely advantages to plastic models for material reasons. Conversions and for model transport in particular.

1 hour ago, paxmiles said:

This isn't a game of need.

Like the switch from metal to plastic SM. It's not really about need.

Definitely advantages to plastic models for material reasons. Conversions and for model transport in particular.

Oh, yeah. Part of the reason I stopped playing (and subsequently sold off) my IG was that they were all metal, and just carrying the case full of them around was killing my back.

• Like 1