IT'S FINALLY HERE !!! - 10 (not-so) FREE TICKETS TO THE HYPE TRAIN FOR EVERYONE !!!

Tao Tsê-Mung

1 hour ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Interesting to see that points basically = Power Level now, with it going to a more AoS style of list building. Lines up with how it was done when the 8th ed Indicies came out, hopefully it will stay the same when they start dropping codicies.

I can probably learn to live with it, but a few units probably need to have their unit sizes adjusted.

For example, Custodes Wardens are purchased in either a 3- or 6-man size… But the box has five models. So if you buy one box, you’re left with two models you can’t use; Two boxes gives you two units (3 and 6) or three units (3/3/3) with one extra man; Three boxes yields three units (6/6/3); and if you want the maximum possible three units all at full size you need four boxes and will be left with two extra men.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ish said:

I can probably learn to live with it, but a few units probably need to have their unit sizes adjusted.

For example, Custodes Wardens are purchased in either a 3- or 6-man size… But the box has five models. So if you buy one box, you’re left with two models you can’t use; Two boxes gives you two units (3 and 6) or three units (3/3/3) with one extra man; Three boxes yields three units (6/6/3); and if you want the maximum possible three units all at full size you need four boxes and will be left with two extra men.

Totally agree, I see the same thing with Plague Marines. All I mean is that I personally enjoy the simplified list building process of 8th Indexhammer and would like to see it continue. I'm sure not everyone agrees though, which is totally fair.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok - after sitting and looking over all the dropped data cards (GW and FW) along with the points over last weekend I’m stuck. 

What 1000pt force for OFCC doubles?  My initial and still fall back is imperial knights. But after looking over everything- and my past OFCC painted Eldar armies - I am thinking Eldar - possibly a Harlequin force. But maybe a corsair list? Or wraithwall?  Lol  

It really feels like I have too many painted choices lol  and with only 1000pts to work with - it’s so much fun to come up with little lists that really fit a theme.  Not sure how competitive they could be - just not used to being in this position- of not really needing to paint anything- rules and stuff free online lol. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Having played a whole two games of 10th Edition so far, I have to admit I’m pretty happy with it. They’ve fixed most of my “infrastructure” complaints about 9th (too many stratagems, too many subsystems, needing nine supplemental books to play one game) and the overall “mechanical” design of the edition seems sound.

I think AdMech needs a total rewrite, fixed unit sizes are annoying, meltaguns seem bizarrely bad at actually hurting tanks, and a few other quibbles here and there… But nothing too glaringly bad with any of it. (Except AdMech. [ insert sad toaster noises .wav ])

The real test, of course, will be if they can stick to this design for the remainder of the edition.

• Like 3

Got my box set and putting the models together. Wow, GW knows how to build push to fit models. That being said, not sure why they decided to have every character have his head massively turned inside of the dome area? You really need to not put these models together, paint them first, and then assemble them. They are super cool, but nearly impossible to paint well unless painted apart. Hope to have the set completed by the weekend if I'm lucky.

So, some of you may remember the weirdness of the prior editions’ rules for Valerian and Aleya two of the few named special characters for the Talons of the Emperor. They spent most of the last two editions completely unusable in any “Battleforged” army and were also priced higher than any unit in the faction except the two super-sized aircraft from Forgeworld. They even fixed both issues, but it took years for them to correct it.

Well, the tradition continues! 

Aleya’s Keywords are now Infantry, Character, Epic Hero, Imperium, Aleya. Plus the Faction Keyword: Adeptus Custodes. Notable among those it that she is totally lacking the Anathema Psykana keyword.

This means Aleya cannot ride in a Rhino but she can use all six of the faction’s Stratagems (four of which explicitly exclude Anathema Psykana models).

Great job, James Workshop!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Welcome to the "character can no longer use transport because of keyword omission" club.  It is irritating as heck that Adrax can no longer ride in impulsors.

On 7/4/2023 at 10:46 AM, Ish said:

So, some of you may remember the weirdness of the prior editions’ rules for Valerian and Aleya two of the few named special characters for the Talons of the Emperor. They spent most of the last two editions completely unusable in any “Battleforged” army and were also priced higher than any unit in the faction except the two super-sized aircraft from Forgeworld. They even fixed both issues, but it took years for them to correct it.

Well, the tradition continues! 

Aleya’s Keywords are now Infantry, Character, Epic Hero, Imperium, Aleya. Plus the Faction Keyword: Adeptus Custodes. Notable among those it that she is totally lacking the Anathema Psykana keyword.

This means Aleya cannot ride in a Rhino but she can use all six of the faction’s Stratagems (four of which explicitly exclude Anathema Psykana models).

Great job, James Workshop!

• Like 1

Aleya and the other Sisters of Silence can now all ride in the Venerable Land Raider, Coronus Grav-Carrier, and Orion Dropship. All of which used to be strictly “no girls allowed!” 

But some weirdness crept in here, of course, because the transports make no distinction between Custodes and Sisters, meaning each of the spooky ladies takes up as much space in a transport the the banana boyz.