Grey Knights Next?

pretre

That's not overwhelmingly broken, but something that people will be considering.  What I REALLY like about this dex is that it excels at killing Daemons, which is what it SHOULD do.  

It just kind of bugs me that about half the things they do to make them good at killing Daemons also end up making them one of the biggest threats to Nids, which is totally not (fluffwise) their focus at all :P

It just kind of bugs me that about half the things they do to make them good at killing Daemons also end up making them one of the biggest threats to Nids, which is totally not (fluffwise) their focus at all :P

My inner fluff bunny just broke out of the cage....what would be very interesting to me is the fluff between demons and the hive mind if the hive mind went into the warp, how that battle would play out....

I know it's not the end all be all, but very few SM armies can have a LR as a scoring dedicated transport.  I feel it's definitely a strength of the GK codex to be leveraged.  Termmies in a LR will be difficult to shift, but EXPENSIVE !!!!.

Yeah, this is definitely true.  Things like Malanthropes and every single T4 multiwound nid model is going to just plain HATE the heavy psilencer.  :(  Sorry Nid Bros!  

• Like 1

Yeah, this is definitely true.  Things like Malanthropes and every single T4 multiwound nid model is going to just plain HATE the heavy psilencer.  :(  Sorry Nid Bros!  

Since the T4 Multiwounds have been screwed over by basically every single thing that has been printed for two editions straight now, that's basically not a consideration. I'm just resigned to Warriors being essentially worthless at this point. :\

Malanthropes, FMCs, and the other staples of "good" Tyranid lists have very little to fear from Psilencers- wound on 5s or 6s with a 3+ or 2+ save, and in the case of FMCs they need 6s to hit as well; it's a pretty long shot to actually work, even if you fail to shut down activation of the Force power.

• Like 1

It seems GW is pushing people towards the horde mentality, but it is difficult to play a horde army in any sort of tournament scene.  If you line up Flugers 140 Orks across from my 100 Tyranids, in 2 hours I bet we don't make it past turn 3. Playing half a game is never fun, and means  you are playing a totally different game then someone going for 5 rounds or possibly 6.

• Like 3

Mulling over this, it sounds like GKs have been reduced from an army in their own right to a synergy detachment with other Imperial forces, like Knights, Inquisitors, or Assassins.

This works for me personally, since I had essentially a squad and HQ, but I feel for those who lost their army. GK players already had their slog-through period mid-00s.

I am getting concerned about BAs, though.