End Times Part Dos

In case no one but me hasn't noticed. That's not a character... Nurgle.monstrous cav? Oh god. Oh god.

Hmmmm... it would be pretty cool if they brought the Rot Knights out of Tamurkhan and into Warhammer proper. As it stands, you need to take Rot Knights in units of 5, as while they replace the Chaos Steed with a Rot Beast, they don't change the minimum unit size. 

Still, I reckon it will be a character - likely something akin to the Undead special characters that came out. It looks more ridden monster than monstrous cavalry to me.

Hmmmm... it would be pretty cool if they brought the Rot Knights out of Tamurkhan and into Warhammer proper. As it stands, you need to take Rot Knights in units of 5, as while they replace the Chaos Steed with a Rot Beast, they don't change the minimum unit size. 

Still, I reckon it will be a character - likely something akin to the Undead special characters that came out. It looks more ridden monster than monstrous cavalry to me.

I just want to kill it with my Dark Elves!

• Like 1

Like the Mortarchs, I expect.

Putrid Blightkings are up for pre-order:

This 105-piece plastic kit makes five Putrid Blightkings. Each model can be assembled in at least two distinct ways, plus you have the option to create a champion, musician and a standard bearer. You can ensure that each of your Blightkings looks totally unique by combining the 21 weapon arms with the 11 torsos and 17 head options.

Given all those extra parts (with the limiting factor being the legs, apparently), I think I'll sculpt up a nice rotted maggot body to cast and use with the other bits.

• Like 1

From Archibald_TK:

In the next WD:

- New box akin to the Mortarchs, allowing to create 3 special Nurgle characters mounted what appear to happen when you cross a giant ape and a very aggressive worm, rules included in the WD.

That's the only release for that week...

if you liked the Blight Kings, then you'll find the new ones awesome. If I remember correctly they're called something like Maggot Lords (I'm not even sure, see how efficient my memory is?)

Also I don't play WFB so I have no idea what I'm reading when it comes to rules. I just remember one of them can spit and it works like a catapult, 24" S3(4) ignore armors. They're lords and their prices all tend to float around the 400pts mark.

EDIT- Oh and also like the Mortarchs it's a unique profile for them and their mount.

• Like 1

bottom line for me: I am enjoying all the change and excitement surrounding fantasy these days. :)  I hope this train keeps rolling... how about 4 end times books that make combinations of all the existing races :) Enjoy the golden era gentlemen.

-despite my concerns about how i'm going to beat this stuff with my ogres :)

• Like 2

bottom line for me: I am enjoying all the change and excitement surrounding fantasy these days. :)  I hope this train keeps rolling... how about 4 end times books that make combinations of all the existing races :) Enjoy the golden era gentlemen.

-despite my concerns about how i'm going to beat this stuff with my ogres :)

Down at WOW on Sudays it has been a full house with about a dozen players showing up. So yes the excitement is back. But I hope this golden era last longer than the End Times release. WHFB is a great game and the community is better than most gaming communities.
  • Like 1

I've been really enjoying playing again. It isn't as doom and gloom as I had feared. I think the fact that the league sets up objectives over simply winning the game is a big reason for that. It still seems that some are too concerned with only taking the best as opposed to taking what they want. But that holds true for pretty much every game.

• Like 1

I've been really enjoying playing again. It isn't as doom and gloom as I had feared. I think the fact that the league sets up objectives over simply winning the game is a big reason for that. It still seems that some are too concerned with only taking the best as opposed to taking what they want. But that holds true for pretty much every game.

The way we address this issue of only taking things that are "worth their points" is to have the week-to-week points handicap adjustment.  If I lose, I get 100 points more next week, which means that over time the matchup evens out and I can play whatever units I want and still have a close game!

It works and I'm going to keep ranting about it :P

• Like 1

The way we address this issue of only taking things that are "worth their points" is to have the week-to-week points handicap adjustment.  If I lose, I get 100 points more next week, which means that over time the matchup evens out and I can play whatever units I want and still have a close game!

It works and I'm going to keep ranting about it :P

We did that back in the day of Herohammer and 3rd and it works great.  Keep on ranting!