Sisters of Battle gossip

dalmer

Hello there,

Hopefully pretre can look into this further, since he knows a bunch about who is worth their salt (pun intended) in the 40k rumor mill:

Now of course if you have read this far you are curious about any gossip. Well the only things I can report are what we have already heard. First is Sisters of Battle and second is 8th edition are both coming very soon. What was news to me though, was even GW was surpised by  Age of Sigmar sales since the release of the General’s Handbook. So I guess Sigmar is here to stay. Other notes, were staff expressing fatigue with Warhammer 40k. What this means I have no idea, but I imagine it has to do with need for a new edition. It also makes me wonder if 8th isn’t just a tweak, but a BIG change.

Source:  editorial post dated 10-13-2016 on Blood of Kittens.  http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2016/10/13/meat-meta-american-warhammer-world/

Not trying to start another "good rumor / bad rumor / what's a rumor" thread... I just know that SoB news is generally well received, so hopefully this pans out.

Stay safe,

don

• Like 2

Nah. 8e wont be here in 2017 I dont think. Its just toooo close to them being finished with all codex updates dont you think? Sisters are pretty much the last one. Maybe early 2018. That would make more sense. Allows them to clear some stock and enjoy their gains, recoup development costs and focus more on other lines for a bit

Convoluted logic? Okay, that does sound like something that'll happen.

Also, I've heard talk that the design studio consider 7th to be some sort of "stop-gap" or "lame duck" edition, and that both 6th and 7th were rushed. No good source (supposedly talk at Games Days or something), but it was an influence on my speculation there.

Also, I've heard talk that the design studio consider 7th to be some sort of "stop-gap" or "lame duck" edition, and that both 6th and 7th were rushed. No good source (supposedly talk at Games Days or something), but it was an influence on my speculation there.

I could see them putting him out a solid 8th to just level set and ride it for five years.
  • Like 1

Plastic sister with beautiful codex in March only to be totally flushed when they invalidate all codex's in September for eighth. So sisters have to wait another 5 years for a new codex. That would be a GW move. Seriously if we get plastic sisters the last rally cry will be for squats and zoats!!!

Your time line is a bit off. I bet Sisters in the first quarter of '17 (Jan-Mar), with 8th Edition in the second quarter (Apr-Jun).

I hope for plastic Sisters, and even if I only get to play them for 2-3 months before the rules system changes, I'll be OK with that. If the change from 7th to 8th is the same as it was from 2nd to 3rd, then it won't matter too much, as EVERYONE will be on the same playing field at first, until they get a Codex. If we see a Sigmafacation of 40K, then everyone will have a Warscroll, and at least they kept the essence of each unit that got a Warscroll (except the armies that just... went away... :sad: ).

If the new edition is crap, if they release the Sisters on Saturday, and the next week 8th Edition that that totally invalidates the new Codex... I comfort myself with the idea that I'll finally have plastic Sisters, and they will be the best Sisters of Battle Gee Dub has ever made.  

Squats and Zoats... :rolleyes:

Sisters of Battle do not gossip, that is heresy!

Oh, I bet they gossip all the time.

How big is the Emperor? Is the Golden Throne really Golden? Who picked the Power Armor for Sister Felcia to wear, it's totally unflattering on her. Does this Power Armor make my butt look too big? Does this Bolter and Chainsword go together? Did you hear what Inquisitor Robert said about so-and-so? Did you watch 'As the Imperium Turns' last night? I heard the Parxius System got over run by Orks again. Do you really think they will make us go back there and clean up that mess again? I don't care if the Grey Knights are the best of the best of the best, I will NOT work with a bunch of male chauvinistic, psychic retards that swoop in at the last minute, fight one big Daemon, then take all the credit! Why do we always get stuck with these Deimos Pattern Rhinos that are 10,000 years old, and the Space Marines get brand new Damocles Pattern Rhinos? It's not fair! They get all the good stuff, and we have to get by with our Faith...

Indeed, I bet the Sisters of Battle have one of the most expansive and exhaustive intelligence networks of the Imperium.

• Like 1

Oh, I bet they gossip all the time.

You forgot the part where they argue about the finer points of purging heresy and the related punishments...standard purgation by fire, impaling, the rack, the wheel, sentencing him to be hung, drawn, and quartered, and on and on.

But seriously, I'm all for plastic Sisters.  I'm okay if they wait a while to release 8th edition, both so they can (hopefully) do it right, and also for the sake of my wallet and free time.  Emperor knows time and money will become fleeting afterthoughts if and when(?) GW releases new Sisters.

• Like 1