Not to be a doomsayer or anything... but DX

Bwahahahah, soon the entire fantasy internet will be like reading wargamersusa. The evil master plan is nearing completion.

Now, how to sow discord with the Canadians 0.0? They're just too damned friendly... Maybe mounty jokes?

F* rebasing!  My bases took as much time as the damned army. Fluff changes are fine, though I agree with Brother Glacius that the super bleak worldview is not as interesting - I'm not a fan of the 40k fluff. .

• Like 3

Don't worry, in 10th edition, a new Chaos God emerges, one who realizes that the ULTIMATE Chaos d!ck-move is actually Meta Chaos, or "Order" as he calls it.  This guy, he starts squishing together bubbles and creates a much more interesting playground for his minions (after all without normal people to manipulate, daemons get bored pretty fast).  This new God creates a heaven, earth, light and dark, land and seas... you get the idea.  The rest is history.  

Yes you read it here first: Warhammer 10th = Warhammer Ancient Battles!

• Like 2

If the entire world were overrun by demon worshipping fanatics, giant plague rats with radioactive cannons, and the walking dead, and we had access to a stargate-pyramid-spaceship, I'm pretty sure the people in the Portland metro area wouldn't be exodus-ing to frickin Iowa. We'd be going to god damn outer space.  :biggrin: Hell, I'd go to god damn outer space even if there wasn't all that other $#!+ in the world. If I had a spaceship and had to leave Portland, I'm gonna go grab me some green-alien-hot-chick-tail.

Honestly, I don't mind the tendency toward optimism. I think (for the majority of us on here) we're all hoping these rumors are false. But if we look at the math alone, the statistical probability of these rumors coming true are pretty damn high. I wouldn't bet against it. Add to that the fact that GW is the most poorly run company I have ever witnessed, and it might as well be considered all but written in stone. I have no idea how the eff they have managed to stay around this long. Seriously, I've been playing Warhammer Fantasy for 4 years and the chum guzzlers over at GW are absolutely the worst in support and communication with their customers, not to mention their ridiculous prices. I'm pretty sure they're managed by an effing goat. I swear, they just take their rules, throw them in a paper shredder, feed them to the goat with a heavy laxative, and just let it diarrhea all over the wall, whatever sticks, that's the new edition. And their FAQs and Errata are worth less than whatever doesn't stick.

just an fyi im from iowa............... fair point  :biggrin: .  oh and ive been kind of joking around after my initial comment.  i dont have any 'actual' gripe with circle bases/the style(except i fail to see how they rank up...), just really would be annoyed to have to re-base my two infantry armies.  swift kick to the nutts there...

I think that the best line from my conversation which turned my thoughts on the matter was that Fantasy is clunky.  Too many units, too many models, not enough players.  So they don't mind alienating a few to gain more.

Let's hope that it's got their intended results.

When they mentioned things like how well Privateer is doing, I remember listening to my boss on day 1 of my working there, and he said "Privateer Press?  Well, we wish them all the best, but a 3 million dollar a year company doesn't really scare the 300 million dollar company."

Oh how times change.

• Like 2

All I know, is if my world split into fractured reality bubbles and I was to spend my days training so when my reality bubble bumped into another one I could fight an utterly pointless battle, I'd probably just off myself.

I mean what's the point? Fight and live so you can fight again? No thanks.

All I know, is if my world split into fractured reality bubbles and I was to spend my days training so when my reality bubble bumped into another one I could fight an utterly pointless battle, I'd probably just off myself.

Isn't that the whole point of 40k?  Their most successful game?  The fluff is horrendously secondary.

All the more food and women for me!

Isn't that the whole point of 40k? Their most successful game? The fluff is horrendously secondary.

Sorta, I guess. But not really.

In 40k the imperium of man has expanded to the edges of the galaxy. They've destroyed our driven into exile every alien race they've encountered. Now they're spread thin and beset on all sides by aliens who want a piece.

But so vast is their territory than the majority of civilians toil away never touched by the flames of war. For them, the wars are a distant thing. But the wars are fought for good reasons--resources, territory, etc.

But from what I can gather with the rumored fantasy fluff, the world has fractured and people are alive in bubbles of reality. There is no territory to expand, no border disputes, and presumably enough resources to keep a standing army fully equipped.

People are fighting with nothing to gain but the opportunity to fight again.

Even if the citizens of the Old World were able to somehow comprehend their new existence without being driven mad, I can't see how anyone would have the will our desire to fight. Aside from orcs and chaos anyway.

And lastly, they've been writing fluff for this world for something like 35 years. Even if it isn't the most original theme in the world, there are a lot of characters, history, and motivations they've been developing for such a long time, throwing it all away is pretty extreme and arbitrary.

Every race's fluff is now exactly the same.

"What do we want?"

"Bubbles!!!"

"Why do we want them?!"

"Cuz!!!"

I'm mostly just disappointed that GW didn't go out of business

before all this.

• Like 6

Seriously you people whine like a 3 year old with a skinned knee.

How about you stop wishing death or ruin on a company that has provided you years of enjoyment through their products and just wait and see what is going on rather than running around crying like someone just donkeypunched you behind the dumpster at the game store.

I get it, something is happening that might change what you are used to.

Games change, systems evolve.  If you recall before your bitterness and all consuming whining took control of your personality, you were probably a sweet kid.  Embrace change or at least just relax and see whats happens. 

Who knows, perhaps the game will have rules for pre and during End Times then skirmish rules for Post End Times which could be like...Mordheim II.

Seriously though, it's all good. Relax.

• Like 2