Tempting Kickstarters

dkieft

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, andozane said:

Anyone play Star Realms? Always thought about picking it up, this seems like a good way to do so...

There is an iOS app of the game, plays exactly like the card game. I enjoyed it a lot, but not quite enough to spring for the micro transactions to get the expansions.

It wasn’t a terribly complicated game, but it was deep enough to reward replay and variable enough that replays didn’t get stale.

Perfect for that niche of game you play when only two of your regular six-player D&D group can make it or you want to kill a half hour or so waiting for Bob to make the pizza run.

(As a matter of fact, I think I’m going to reinstall the app...)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So this project will no doubt be great for RPGs and such... But oh my Zod, it is PERFECT for Oathmark:

Edit to Add: I backed this at the Gold Level with the Epic Cities add-on. It’ll still be a few weeks before they release the files, but I’m looking forward to it.

Edited by Ish
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2020 at 5:44 PM, Ish said:

So this project will no doubt be great for RPGs and such... But oh my Zod, it is PERFECT for Oathmark:

Edit to Add: I backed this at the Gold Level with the Epic Cities add-on. It’ll still be a few weeks before they release the files, but I’m looking forward to it.

Damn, I've been looking for something like this. I have various free ones, but they don't look this good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Damn, I've been looking for something like this. I have various free ones, but they don't look this good.

I've nabbed a couple of free hex tiles and other small-scale terrain bitz from Thingiverse already (for example, this very GW-looking Orc Fortress). My thinking is that I should be able to play around with the scaling to make those other tiles fit with the Hexton Hills scenery... They won't have the special clip connector, but that's not too big a deal.

The Gold Tier has seventy tiles, the Epic Cities add-on has another 120(!), and just doing some simple tricks like changing the paint jobs (this is a grassy plain, this is a desert plain, this is snowy tundra; this village has red roofs, this village has blue roofs...) or mirroring the tiles in my slicer can easily turn that into hundreds of more combinations. Heck, you can always just bust out the clippers, the super-glue, and your bitz box and do some old school conversions too.

Based on the preview images and a couple of YouTubers who got to be "beta test" guinea pigs, it looks like these tiles won't be quite as nice on my FDM printer as they would be on a resin printer, but I think they'll be more than good enough. 

Oathmark's Kingdom Building system is a really cool part of that game and these tiles will be fantastic for it.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure that, these days, every single small business custom cabinetry business in North America has added dice holders and rolling trays "in exotic hardwoods" to their repertoire... It's like a requirement to even call yourself a woodworker these days, along with the ZZ Top beard and the Nordic hard rock soundtrack for the Kickstarter.

Then again, it seems anybody who tool a digital design class in college is now offering 3D printed terrain designs. Speaking of which...

hen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1