Name My Baneblade

After finishing a few other projects, I have FINALLY gotten around to assembling, priming, and basecoating my Baneblade. I am loving the model so far, and am really enjoying the painting aspect.

There is one problem that I have encountered, however: I do not know what name to bestow upon this mighty machine of war. It will fight alongside my Valhallan Imperial Guard and my Space Wolves. I want to have the name embellished on the hull, which is the only reason why I am bothering to create a topic about it.

Any ideas would be appreciated! I would post pics, but it is only basecoated with Shadow Grey at this point and is relatively unimpressive.

The Righteous Indignation

Crucible of Foes

Defenestration Station (my personal favorite)

Oblitorax the Ancient

Fury of the Firstborn

The Mailed Fist

Krazy Ivan (seems like something Vostroyons would find amusing)

The Emperor's Holy Dudenal

Father Winter (fits Vostroyans and Space Wolves)

Mobile Ordinance Transport And Force Under Constant Cannonade Attack (horrible acronym!)

Uncle Boris

The Hated One

Bringer of Despair

Tears of the Widows

Terra's Admonishment

....to be honest, Pax's idea is pretty dang good though;)

After finishing a few other projects, I have FINALLY gotten around to assembling, priming, and basecoating my Baneblade. I am loving the model so far, and am really enjoying the painting aspect.

There is one problem that I have encountered, however: I do not know what name to bestow upon this mighty machine of war. It will fight alongside my Valhallan Imperial Guard and my Space Wolves. I want to have the name embellished on the hull, which is the only reason why I am bothering to create a topic about it.

Any ideas would be appreciated! I would post pics, but it is only basecoated with Shadow Grey at this point and is relatively unimpressive.

Fighting with Valhallan and wolves....so go with a cold theme. 

Chill wind

Righteous Blizzard

Cold Heart

Frigidaire ( :unsure: , kidding)

Frigid 

Frost Giant

something cold, chilly, unforgiving, dreadful....Dreadful certainty.

I knew asking here was a good idea :P Thanks for all of the ideas!

I do like Steve, but I think I will go with something norse in origin. It will be the last thing I put on the vehicle, so I've got some time to decide.

Project update: I have completed the two layers of hull drybrushing and the first layer of metal. I really wish I could find the motivation to paint each individual rivet.

My earlier post was very silly.  Probably if you're being serious you should look up a Norse name you like and goin with that. 

However I REALY DO think that this would be an awesome sentence to paint on the front of a Baneblade in smallish, but readable letters.

If you can read this, you've made a serious mistake.

Pulling out my copy of the Poetic Edda and flipping through, a few that catch my eye:

Thund (Thunderer)

Rathgrith (Plan-Destroyer)

Sigfather/Sigvater (Father of Victory)

Brimir (Odin's blade, the greatest of swords)

Hnikar/Hnikuth (The Overthrower)

Omi (The Shouter)

Skilfing (The Shaker)

Hrimgrimnir (The Frost-Shrouded)

Hildolf (Slaughtering Wolf)

• Like 1