40K 9th ed

KennyD76

4 hours ago, Dusldorf said:

They still can over larger stuff, just with a penalty equal to the up/down distance

The "breachable" keyword is there for a reason, and can be applied to ruins. That you guys chose not to make your ruins breachable is surprising and the only reason for this standoff.

Is it that surprising that we didn't have the finer points locked down?

Even so, I think breachable shouldn't be used on ruins. Otherwise fly is almost completely meaningless this edition. 

27 minutes ago, Munkie said:

Even so, I think breachable shouldn't be used on ruins. Otherwise fly is almost completely meaningless this edition. 

Breachable is exactly how ruins worked in 8th.  Please provide some insight as to why breachable shouldn't be used on ruins?  Demo charges, busted windows, moveable debri, etc is what the breachable rule is representing.  Would you rather they force us to use CP on stratagems to purchase demo charges like we used to do in City of Death fights?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Munkie said:

No not really, I just got the impression from your last post that you guys were on top of it

30 minutes ago, Munkie said:

Ruins were breachable for all of 8th, at least for infantry. But what would give you the idea that fly becomes meaningless if ruins are breachable? It still allows you to avoid getting tri-pointed (without using the new strat), still allows you to ignore models/terrain while moving, still allows you to charge flyers, and still allows you to ignore models when charging. That all seems pretty valuable to me! But yeah, almost completely meaningless, sure...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dusldorf said:

No not really, I just got the impression from your last post that you guys were on top of it

Ruins were breachable for all of 8th, at least for infantry. But what would give you the idea that fly becomes meaningless if ruins are breachable? It still allows you to avoid getting tri-pointed (without using the new strat), still allows you to ignore models/terrain while moving, still allows you to charge flyers, and still allows you to ignore models when charging. That all seems pretty valuable to me! But yeah, almost completely meaningless, sure...

Yep, almost completely meaningless.

Yes, ruins were breachable in 8th. What you're clearly forgetting is Fly also behaved differently.  If Fly didn't give you the ability to move and shoot in 8th, then Fly would've been a liability to have. Vulnerability to the abundant anti-Fly tech would not be worth the incredibly mild maneuverability difference.

Now that Fly is nowhere near as powerful as it was in 8th AND there still exists an abundance of anti-Fly tech, yeah the incredibly minor benefit of moving over models would be next to useless.

I'd rather Fly give you the ability to be noticeably more maneuverable than footsloggers.

• Poop 1

1 hour ago, Ish said:

It’s a Do It Yourself kit, you gotta add the flame, chains, plasma pistol, and cocaine yourself.

The new Eldar Avatar kit requires you to add your own head, which is weird, but the rest of the model is cool:

image.thumb.jpeg.e5b4657c75df872335461b16e3dc232f.jpeg

That model is one of the worst cases of function following form that I have ever seen in a game piece.

22 minutes ago, Mulgrok said:

I like how Heroic Intervention now makes the character a valid target for charging units.  No more free kills for Adrax though.

But it does raise the question: what happens when non-Character models make a Heroic Intervention?

I am thinking that Fragstorm Grenade Launchers are a trap.  They are only really more effective than storm bolters against units of 11+ models and in the 6" between rapid fire range of bolters and max range of the grenades, but can not be used in close combat.  Since Dreadnoughts always rapid fire bolt weapons, grenades should be avoided.

EDIT: I made this post because I just learned fragstorm grenade launchers are blast weapons.

6C30D894-F5CD-4C08-B6BF-0F9A404BC483.jpeg.c1fe4f796329ceb8cd15a1514cfd5b75.jpeg

The distance between the pivot point of a Leman Russ Battle Tank turret to the tip of it’s muzzle is about 4”...

Simple geometry means that if spun in a complete 360° circle, the muzzle would travel approximately 25”...

An undamaged Leman Russ has a Movement characteristic of 10”... 

Therefore, a Leman Russ tank cannot rotate its turret by more than 144° in a single Movement phase (and this will decrease as it takes damage)...

However, weapons do not have facings (with the sole exception of the Warlord Battle Titan’s rear mounted lascannons for some reason?) so there is no need to ever rotate a turret...

This is the single most complicated and most unnecessary rule I have seen from GW in over twenty years! 

• Like 1

I assume this is to stop people exploiting measuring from the hull for movement and turret/sponson for LoS (assuming the turret sticks out farther than the hull)

EDIT: they probably just mean the distance measured from the point sticking out, not the rotational distance