Random Thought Thread

InfestedKerrigan

6 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

It'sn't like they can afford Disney's fees.

I'm not confused that they're not playing Star Wars. Having 2 separate channels running the new Star Trek trilogy concurrently seems odd.

What's the rationale? We'll cater to everyone who wants to watch Star Wars but can't for some reason? Or are there enough trekkies who'd want to spite watch Star Trek on May the 4th?

Weirder still, the Sequel Trilogy was playing on TBS at the same time...

...but Jurassic Park was also on, so I put that on instead.

I think I'm a bad star wars nerd.

• Like 2

Random Request: Anyone here have a table saw or circular saw?

We bought a couple of MDF sheets to turn into shelves for a kitchen cabinet, but they were cut about an 1/4” too wide. I really don’t want to try cutting off the excess with just a dremel...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ish said:

Random Request: Anyone here have a table saw or circular saw?

We bought a couple of MDF sheets to turn into shelves for a kitchen cabinet, but they were cut about an 1/4” too wide. I really don’t want to try cutting off the excess with just a dremel...

I do but I'm in Bellingham...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WestRider said:

The branch of British Intelligence responsible for dealing with supernatural threats should be MI666

In the mainstream Marvel Comics continuity, this is the purview of MI-13 (Military Intelligence, Section Thirteen):

image.thumb.jpeg.cd1ff293006f4319a8514c78abcadc1c.jpeg

• Like 2

That reminds me of a phrase I coined when I used to have a blog reviewing comics:

Deus Ex Rectum /ˈdeɪ.əs ɛks ˈɹɛktəm/ (Noun) Any resolution to a story that does not pay due regard to the story's internal logic and that is so unlikely that it challenges suspension of disbelief, and presumably was pulled straight out of the creator's ass.

• Like 2

Danielle Panabaker, probably best known for her recurring role as Caitlyn Snow/Killer Frost on The Flash, has had a lot of single episode bit parts earlier in her career. But looking through her filmography, I noticed something really weird.

Way back in 2003, she was in a single episode of Malcolm in the Middle playing “Kathy McCulskey,” a cute girl Malcom invites to his brother’s party.

Ten years later, in a 2013 episode of Mad Men she makes a single episode appearance as a flight attendant named “Daisy McCluskey.”

Now, okay, so it’s not exactly the same name, but neither McCulskey or McCluskey is exactly a common name and the one-letter-place difference seems pretty minor. But.. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!?

image.jpeg.73f3740f1bb256acb4e6960409bbd50f.jpeg

This requires further research...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ish said:

Danielle Panabaker, probably best known for her recurring role as Caitlyn Snow/Killer Frost on The Flash, has had a lot of single episode bit parts earlier in her career. But looking through her filmography, I noticed something really weird.

Way back in 2003, she was in a single episode of Malcolm in the Middle playing “Kathy McCulskey,” a cute girl Malcom invites to his brother’s party.

Ten years later, in a 2013 episode of Mad Men she makes a single episode appearance as a flight attendant named “Daisy McCluskey.”

Now, okay, so it’s not exactly the same name, but neither McCulskey or McCluskey is exactly a common name and the one-letter-place difference seems pretty minor.

image.jpeg.73f3740f1bb256acb4e6960409bbd50f.jpeg

This requires further research...

Intentional Pun?