Random Thought Thread

InfestedKerrigan

Apparently there's a movie called Love and Monsters and it's coming out on blu-ray (no, I'm not in the wrong thread).

The hook line of the commercial is "When the monster uprising happened, I lost everyone." A decent hook, though I'd cut monster. It's vagueness makes it hookier. 

But what an absurd thing for an in-universe person to say! Who's he talking to, and what are the chances they aren't thinking "yeah, we all did, asshole"?

Read the room, bro. Everyone's everyone is dead! 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

There's already a bajillion WWII games on the market (none of which I actually play) but it does seem like the Battletech system would make for a pretty good foundation for beer-n-pretzels WWII game, if someone at FASA/WizKids/Catalyst wanted to take the time to give it a proper go...

This book was basically just a bit of silliness for using WWII tanks and airplanes in a straight up game of Battletech, which could make for a fun sort of one-off scenario like a "Solaris VII Exposition Match" or a "Desperate Militia/Rebels Steal a Museum Piece" plot. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Prototypes of the latest product at work kept exploding under high voltage testing due to (great idea on paper) conductive carbon fiber interior frames. Instead, we'll use plastic and spray on conductive paint to make a Faraday cage. 

They know I use conductive paint for LED conversions and an airbrush for painting models.

They were like "we think this new idea will work. You mind figuring out how to do this, and prove it can be consistently reproduced?" 

Life is weird. Don't go to college, just play with toys, that's the lesson.

Wait, that can't be right...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...